Racist Hawk fans at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semi colon

Mar 10, 2018
There’s a difference between being perfect and not using racial slurs and telling someone they don’t below in the country due to race.

Give me a break
Depends on what is considered racial slurs. I feel “white privilege” is a racial slur. If not why not? No rules on who gets to decide. I take except to white privileged. I’ve had to work extremely hard to get to where I’m at with many obstacles.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Depends on what is considered racial slurs. I feel “white privilege” is a racial slur. If not why not? No rules on who gets to decide. I take except to white privileged. I’ve had to work extremely hard to get to where I’m at with many obstacles.
You can think it’s a slur, but you’re an idiot and a baby. It just means your life wasn’t made more difficult by your race. But let’s pretend it is a slur, are you really saying it’s equivalent to the one used by the woman in the video

Semi colon

Mar 10, 2018
You can think it’s a slur, but you’re an idiot and a baby. It just means your life wasn’t made more difficult by your race. But let’s pretend it is a slur, are you really saying it’s equivalent to the one used by the woman in the video
She was using it to provoke a reaction. Why because she wanted to get it on video to rile up a bunch of liberals about how racist of a country we are and u all fall for it every time. That’s one woman who is probably drunk. Of course no one says tings they shouldn’t when drunk. But if u want to go on life belieiveing everyone is awful carry on. Don’t envy your miserable life.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
She was using it to provoke a reaction. Why because she wanted to get it on video to rile up a bunch of liberals about how racist of a country we are and u all fall for it every time. That’s one woman who is probably drunk. Of course no one says tings they shouldn’t when drunk. But if u want to go on life belieiveing everyone is awful carry on. Don’t envy your miserable life.
No.

Are YOU drunk?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Re-read my post earlier explaining what WP is. I dont think it means what you think (or want) it to mean.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Boy, you really think she thought about all that right there? She escalated the situation with what she said and how she said it. The woman in the car then took it to another level. The first woman was insensitive, the second was racist.

Reactions: GMackey32

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I think it’s very telling that you’re ascribing such bad motives the person recording the encounter.

I don’t believe everyone is awful, but I also don’t live in an environment where people use slurs like that. Do you live in that environment?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
OK, lots of people are using "white privilege" incorrectly here, and I would like to clarify it. I've had a lot of discussion about this topic with my daughter who is far more lefty than I am. WP does NOT mean that you are a racist, but its being used that way here a lot and it is kind of bugging me.

Initially, I was not a fan of the term WP. Like, what privilege have I been given from who? Frankly, I felt like I was being told I was racist, just for existing as a white person. It made me mad!

However, that's not the concept WP is meant to convey. The idea is that POC have to deal with a lot of crap that whites don't. Driving While Black. Higher mortgage rates. Old racial stereotypes that still exist. Not having to even worry about all the crap that POC often do have to worry about in their daily lives. It's more of a "tax" on POC that they have to deal with.

It's unfortunate the term WP is what has stuck, because imho, it's not a good description of the concept and its provocative in an unhelpful way. Calling it the "POC tax" or something like that makes more sense, at least to me. But it is what it is at this point.

So when someone says "check your WP" it could be they are trying to provoke you and be a jerk. Or it could be, you are being insensitive or unaware, and what they mean is "think about that from my viewpoint as a POC". Which if it was the latter, I think most people would be like "holy cow I didn't think about it that way" and it could actually help us understand each other. Put yourself in the other guy's shoes, still good advice for how to be a decent human being.

Sorry if this feels like lecturing, and sorry if I haven't got this all 100% correct - it's how it was explained/makes sense to me. Felt like there was some conflation of terms happening and wanted to contribute.
Good post! I will also add that when someone confronts another with the phrase "White Privilege" it seems to either bounce off the person it is directed to, with no offense, and that person understands the deeper meaning. Or, that person is offended by it, and takes it personally, like @HFCS stated a few posts ago (he beat me to it!). That second person maybe has a little or a lot of actual racism in his/her soul, and becomes defensive. At the very least that person has not stepped out of his/her shoes long enough to consider what it is like for POC.

I guess you could call it by a different name. I'm not sure it would change peoples hearts or the way they see the world.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
There's no amount of alcohol I could drink that would cause me to start using racial slurs. Can you say the same?

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Here is a really simple way to explain this.

All else being equal in terms of the challenges you have faced, do you or do you not agree that a person of color would have additional challenges that you do not simply because of the color of your skin?

“White privilege” does not mean you, me, or other white people have all been born on third base, that our lives are always easy, or that you haven’t worked for what you have. It also doesn’t mean that you’re racist or that you should feel guilty for being white.

All it means is that some people face challenges and obstacles because they’re a person of color that white people generally don’t have to worry about.

That’s it. Quit reading so far into it.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Yet you're the one assuming the worst of the victim of the accident based on nothing. If you think you could be goaded into blurting out racist remarks like this woman, you may want to consider some self-reflection.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
There’s a difference between being perfect and not using racial slurs and telling someone they don’t below in the country due to race.

Give me a break

Scary that multiple people here assume anybody can be baited into racial slurs.

I would hope for 90% of people it’s just not in their vocabulary even at their most angry or annoyed.

Reactions: Cyclones01

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think it’s very telling that you’re ascribing such bad motives the person recording the encounter.

I don’t believe everyone is awful, but I also don’t live in an environment where people use slurs like that. Do you live in that environment?

I’ve told the story in the cave of two separate incidents during height of Covid “China” panic where my wife was victim of two racial hate incidents where police reports were filed and investigations were made, it was a giant spike in my 19% Asian community and she wasn’t alone.

The idea that she left our home that morning hoping to be verbally and physically assaulted because of her race (not even Chinese) is literally the most stupid thing I’ve read in my entire life.

People. Get over this fragility. Black, Latino, Jewish, muslim, lgbt, native Americans, Asians…they don’t leave the house hoping people threaten them and assault them over their minority status. This is some fantasy born of personal insecurity. It’s a sickness.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I am not going to go into how much is wrong with what happened in this video, how much we saw and didn't see and the events that happened after, with doxing the wrong people because of a rush of internet warriors.

What I am going to say whatever you want to call any of the comments about race, whether they are slurs, comments, derogatory or praise. When you start making an issue with someone because of their race, it is wrong. No matter what race, no matter what the issue.

We need to stop labeling people period, if you think someone gets something because they are white, or did something because they are black, or whatever the case may be none of it is right. Sometimes Bad people do bad things, and sometimes good people do good things, and none of it has anything to do with what race they are, but what kind of person they are, their character.

Just stop it.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Right guessing no one has ever baited u into saying something u shouldn’t have, bunch perfect people on here. Give me a break.

I’m 100% sure I’ve said something I shouldn’t have in a heated moment.

I’m 100% sure I’ve never called anybody a racial slur.

Reactions: Jer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron