Racism Solved in Iowa City

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

I guess everything is resolved and everyone has completely changed for good. So there's no more reason for oversight.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021

I guess everything is resolved and everyone has completely changed for good. So there's no more reason for oversight.

You’re way late to the party. Racism was over after the Penn State game.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

What "oversight"? KF had the power to dissolve the committee himself.... that is definitely NOT "oversight" by any definition whatsoever. KF controls all the power.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Think about this. Two "independent" investigations show there is racism in the program, so Ferentz hand picks a group of former players to form a committee help them root out the racism. Then the chair of this committee suggests it would best if Ferentz and Barta were no longer part of the athletic department, so Ferentz immediately dissolves this committee. But John Sears is critical of the Gazette for interviewing only the chair of this committee.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA

Interesting optics from the athletic department given their current court case.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Interesting optics from the athletic department given their current court case.
Yeah, what do you suppose the chances are that Ferentz's decision to dissolve the committee will come up during his racism lawsuit deposition that's scheduled for later this month? I'm guessing the chances are 100%.

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking the deposition will be public information. I sure hope so.

• Optimistic
  • Winner
Reactions: VeloClone and Gorm

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I could be wrong, but I'm thinking the deposition will be public information. I sure hope so.

I could be wrong, but if they settle the suit before it gets to a trial, I believe all evidence could be sealed???? - Not sure on this.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Yeah, what do you suppose the chances are that Ferentz's decision to dissolve the committee will come up during his racism lawsuit deposition that's scheduled for later this month? I'm guessing the chances are 100%.

None of it will see the light of day. Iowa will never let that get out. They got kirk removed from the lawsuit, and they will give the players a few million tax payer dollars in return for their NDA

it will be a minor story when Brian is named head coach I’m waiting in two years, but all will be forgotten by then.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The media all over the state of Iowa has no choice but to cover this issue today... it is national news now. If they don't cover it.... that is complete journalistic incompetence.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Well crud, it appears Kirk's deposition becomes public record only if the case goes to trial AND the deposition is used as evidence.

Reactions: Gorm

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Not much of a story there to me. Lot of confirmation bias going on in reaction to it.

I certainly won't argue your conformation bias comment. Go to Hawkeyereport.com and you can certainly see their version of confirmation bias. It's as strong, if not stronger, than the bias in this thread.

However, these are the undisputed facts and they are provided in chronological order:
  1. Two independent investigations find racism in the football program.
  2. The head coach in charge of the football program hand picks members of a committee charged to help root out the racism.
  3. The hand picked chair of the committee suggests it would be best if the head coach and athletic director were no longer part of the program.
  4. The coach dissolves his hand picked committee.
  5. The coach is awarded a contract extension and raise worth $7 million per year.
Your comment that there's "not much of a story here" only shows your own confirmation bias.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I certainly won't argue your conformation bias comment. Go to Hawkeyereport.com and you can certainly see their version of confirmation bias. It's as strong, if not stronger, than the bias in this thread.

However, these are the undisputed facts and they are provided in chronological order:
  1. Two independent investigations find racism in the football program.
  2. The head coach in charge of the football program hand picks members of a committee charged to help root out the racism.
  3. The hand picked chair of the committee suggests it would be best if the head coach and athletic director were no longer part of the program.
  4. The coach dissolves his hand picked committee.
  5. The coach is awarded a contract extension and raise worth $7 million per year.
Your comment that there's "not much of a story here" only shows your own confirmation bias.

You forgot

6. Iowa Strength Coach Chris Doyle was given a separation agreement from the University of Iowa for his silence amid
allegations of racism and mistreatment from former players.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones1969

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
None of it will see the light of day. Iowa will never let that get out. They got kirk removed from the lawsuit, and they will give the players a few million tax payer dollars in return for their NDA

it will be a minor story when Brian is named head coach I’m waiting in two years, but all will be forgotten by then.

umm, I’ve been reliably informed that the eiu football program pays for itself and no tax payer dollars ever get spent so this is wrong

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Yep no racism issues in Iowa City!! Funny how in July all of the sudden the field was renamed to Duke Slater Field. Way to go Iowa, nope we have no issues here, look what we just did to prove it.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
You forgot

6. Iowa Strength Coach Chris Doyle was given a separation agreement from the University of Iowa for his silence amid
allegations of racism and mistreatment from former players.

They had to buy his silence, he knew where all the bodies were buried.

"Kirk, I want a Million Dollars, or I will go public and burn this place to the ground"
"Gary, go write that check out right now."
"Yessir boss. Should I take the money from your imaginary bowl bonus? "
"Hell no. Just take the money from one of the womens sports. What are they gonna do, sue us?"
"Ha, good one boss!"