- Oct 24, 2018
Your bias is showing.I certainly won't argue your conformation bias comment. Go to Hawkeyereport.com and you can certainly see their version of confirmation bias. It's as strong, if not stronger, than the bias in this thread.
However, these are the undisputed facts and they are provided in chronological order:
Your comment that there's "not much of a story here" only shows your own confirmation bias.
- Two independent investigations find racism in the football program.
- The head coach in charge of the football program hand picks members of a committee charged to help root out the racism.
- The hand picked chair of the committee suggests it would be best if the head coach and athletic director were no longer part of the program.
- The coach dissolves his hand picked committee.
- The coach is awarded a contract extension and raise worth $7 million per year.
You missed some facts.
He said today the football program implemented all of their recommendations. Another committee member seems to suggest Porter was on an island with those comments. And Iowa has an entirely new position in the AD to implement diversity and inclusion policies.
The advisory committtee is just that advisory. And it also appears it wasn’t a functioning committee during the football season. And apparently it’s being restructured. Further I have seen nothing but positive comments coming from the players currently there. It would be interesting to here from guys that just left as to what they think. But to me the changing of the committee is a nothing burger. If you hate Iowa and KF though it’s a story to latch onto and yell and scream about racism.