Quotes from Saturday

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Haha now thats funny. I guarantee you it isn't apathy.

I'm normally a big smart*** but not now. Do you honestly feel that everything is fine right now and nothing should change for next year? Meaning, keep the coaching staff as is, don't grab a JUCO QB, etc.

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
All of our games have been winnable from a talent perspective. What's that say about the coaching?

You can't put these type of blowouts all on bad coaching. Great players make great coaches more often then the other way around.
Baylor Lost 71-7
OK State Lost 58-27
K-State Lost 41-7

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
The offense would not cut it in the MAC or, for that matter, MVC.

Mess will be back with more buses to throw people under.

We are just so sloppy. As time goes on, we make more mistakes/misplays than the other team. Is this the player's fault, the way we practice, or lack of focus, poor coaching or what?

Our pass interference calls and motion penalties kill off what crappy offense we do mount.

The lone fieldgoal attempt looked bad.

The refs have been easy on us lately, but it makes no difference.

The receiver corps is beginning to look like Lost in Space.

The Special Teams unit is by far the best part of the team. Does this mean we have some buried talent or is this our best coach?

Injuries remain part of the bargain. Must. Deal. With. It.

Time for more trick plays.

The defense needs to intercept more passes at the point of the catch. Be. More. Physical.

A token touchdown a game is getting old fast.

Still waiting for two running backs run the plays from scrimmage and remove the qb.

More trick plays?? We can't even execute fundamental plays. I would agree we need to mix it up but keep it simple until they show they can execute the basics.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Am I the only one that thinks the CPR era at ISU is toast?? Five years is more than enough to show what you and your team can do, isn't it?

You are in the minority. Also, it seems that about 100 of your 110 posts are all copies of what I quoted. Why don't you give it a rest?

Edit: Lol, I just read IAStubborn's response on page 2 and I wrote almost the exact same thing.

Last edited:

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
You can't put these type of blowouts all on bad coaching. Great players make great coaches more often then the other way around.
Baylor Lost 71-7
OK State Lost 58-27
K-State Lost 41-7

I put blowouts a lot more on the coaches than the players. There is no way an ISU team should lose 41-7 to KSU on a down year. I would say Texas has better athletes than KSU and ISU nearly beat them.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Maybe the morale of the fanbase would be down but from everything I have seen and heard the team doesn't have a problem with Mess.
I guess I thought there were whispers of frustration from the players. I would not think they would be happy with the offensive 'production' this season or any season in the last 4+ years. Notice Mess was coaching on the offense that whole time? (I am not saying he is the only problem but a big one)

Do the players feel they are being put in a good position to make plays?

Do the players love being thrown under the bus? All I hear from Mess is player blame. He has not owned up once.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
You are in the minority. Also, it seems that about 100 of your 110 posts are all copies of what I quoted. Why don't you give it a rest?

Edit: Lol, I just read IAStubborn's response on page 2 and I wrote almost the exact same thing.

I'm starting to think we have another troll in our midst.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron