Quiznos preparing to file for Bankrupcy

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Downtown Deli and West street are the best sandwich shops in Ames. If I am in a pinch I do like Jimmy Johns.

Both of these are delicious, but I really miss DiSalvo's deli. They had the best subs I've ever had in my life. They just didn't market that well and had a poor location.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Quizno's > Subway. They actually give you a substantial amount of meat and you don't have to ask them to not give you a bushel basket of lettuce.

Learned to dislike Subway when I first encountered them . . . in downtown Chicago right above a real subway . . . with New York subway wallpaper on the walls . . . even Applebee's has a corner for local things.

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
I've eaten so much subway it's became very bland and non-appetizing for me. Quiznos is too expensive to even try nowadays

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Both of these are delicious, but I really miss DiSalvo's deli. They had the best subs I've ever had in my life. They just didn't market that well and had a poor location.

The owner also had another full-time job, so didn't really entirely have time to devote to improving the marketing, etc.

Leidang

Apr 27, 2006
I quit eating Quiznos years ago when they had the annoying tv ad with the hampster things.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
This is bad news, I love me some quiznos. They just came out with some pastas too that don't look to bad.

can't believe all the Quiznos hate on here. I do think West Street and JJ are probably better, but Quiznos fills in nicely as well.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I really miss Mr. Goodcents. Will be getting it a couple of times in KC during the Big 12s. Loved when it was in Ames.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
This is the correct answer. If your sub place has to give your sub in styrofoam containers because there's so much meat and cheese on it, then that's the place for me.

Also, Casey's has some pretty decent subs.

On an unrelated note, Ms A informed me last night that she doesn't like Casey's pizza. Anyone looking for a girlfriend?

Really? That's a shame airbag, that's a real shame.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
I don't mind paying a little more for Quiznos if my options are there and Subway.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
This is bad news, I love me some quiznos. They just came out with some pastas too that don't look to bad.

can't believe all the Quiznos hate on here. I do think West Street and JJ are probably better, but Quiznos fills in nicely as well.

I work right next to one so it's pretty convenient for me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron