Quick hit from Sooner land... national championship goes through ISU.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
There is a good possibility OU and ISU will play each other twice this year and beating OU twice would be tough so if I had to pick a game to lose it would be @ OU then get the win in the Big 12 Championship game because I think ISU would have a tougher time making the CFP losing that last game than OU would if they did. It would be awesome if both teams could get in but it is unlikely to happen which is why it's a razor thin margin ISU has to play with this season and anything short of winning the Big 12 Championship game will still probably get them in a very nice bowl game but would pretty much eliminate them from the CFP with the exception of running the table of an undefeated season going into that game.

Seems like when it comes to picking teams for the CFP or NCAA tournament the last game you play holds the most weight so it's pretty much Big 12 Championship or die for ISU CFP hopes this year IMO.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
There is a good possibility OU and ISU will play each other twice this year and beating OU twice would be tough so if I had to pick a game to lose it would be @ OU then get the win in the Big 12 Championship game because I think ISU would have a tougher time making the CFP losing that last game than OU would if they did. It would be awesome if both teams could get in but it is unlikely to happen which is why it's a razor thin margin ISU has to play with this season and anything short of winning the Big 12 Championship game will still probably get them in a very nice bowl game but would pretty much eliminate them from the CFP with the exception of running the table of an undefeated season going into that game.

Seems like when it comes to picking teams for the CFP or NCAA tournament the last game you play holds the most weight so it's pretty much Big 12 Championship or die for ISU CFP hopes this year IMO.
Exactly my thoughts (when to beat OU and how hard to run table).....and also we have the benefit of a great ranking, so should drop out of ranking existence and can recover and climb back up rankings (as we'd likely lose to a higher ranked OU in Norman)

Reactions: CYdTracked

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

Just out of curiosity, who was the last team to beat OU 2x in one season?

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Send this to Campbell. He has made a career out of breaking records and knocking down longstanding streaks.

Get 'er done, Matt.

I pulled back from even posting what an accomplishment that would be. Not very realistic to think it could happen

But, you never know.........:eek:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Man I’m excited for this season but has the potential for the biggest kick in the nuts by losing to someone we shouldn’t. Don’t know if I’ll ever be able to remove the nut cup
The only reason this season has so much potential for losing to someone we’re “not supposed to”…is that we’re supposed to beat so many teams.

For a change. Pretty much everyone.

I’m gonna take it that way, and be happy.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Man I’m excited for this season but has the potential for the biggest kick in the nuts by losing to someone we shouldn’t. Don’t know if I’ll ever be able to remove the nut cup

Yeah, if you thought the meltdowns on this board were bad before, this season might just cause the servers CF is hosted to spontaneously combust.

I wonder if they can make the football board be opt-in / opt-out like the do the cave and ISR? Otherwise people are going to need a hazmat suit when they come on here.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

I'm an old timer too. I haven't thrown my cup away yet, but it's sitting on a shelf gathering dust. At least during football season.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha

I don't want to miss out making the Conference Championship game on some wierd tiebreaker rule. Win the regular season game against OU and we are sure to make the CCG. Make ut to the CCG and we are guaranteed a spot in the Sugar Bowl or the CFP depending on if we win the title.

I'm cynical enough to think the only way we make the CFP is go undefeated.

So the goal is win them both.