Questions about athletes and recruiting.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
So, it would seem Foecke is going to Nebraska. Fort Dodge is fairly close to Ames. Is this a thing again about a degree program, or why is one of the state's best players playing out of state again? It's frustrating. I know we have some really good kids targeted, and coming in. I guess I'd like to get them all, but know we can't. Does anybody know if we were recruiting her?

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/...a-foecke-wins-state-volleyball-honors/article

Grundy Center's Riley Sents is going to MU, also.

Sents commits to Missouri volleyball : High School sports

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
Foecke is actually from Fort Madison - but I have no idea if ISU recruited either.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My bad on the Fort Madison mistake. Kind of makes it worse, though. That's even farther from Lincoln.

Well that is pretty strong Hawk country. Maybe her family really hates the 'Clones and she doesn't want to play at Iowa so she went looking for a better program than Iowa's that wasn't in Ames.

I have no inside information, it is just a thought.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Yes, ISU recruited Foecke hard, but it's hard to turn a Nebraska offer down, with their luxurious VB-only arena and tremendous fan support and environment. They weren't the only big program after her...

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I don't know... Why is water wet?? Why is the sky blue?? Why didn't Harrison Barnes stay in town?? Why do most great instate basketball players go to Kansas??

I just don't know..

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Yes, ISU recruited Foecke hard, but it's hard to turn a Nebraska offer down, with their luxurious VB-only arena and tremendous fan support and environment. They weren't the only big program after her...

this.

we have a great program. But we are not Nebraska (yet). If she were recruited hard enough and will actually have playing time (vs. being a walk-on), it's going to be hard for us to win that battle. UNL will likely win the championship within the next three years........having the chance to play for that caliber of team would be very, very difficult to turn down.

We are certainly not the only ones this has happened to - one of WI's top players, Simone Lee, is going to PSU. WI is certainly a program back on the rise, but again, hard to turn down an offer for a school like that. Nebraska has pulled all three Haggerty sisters (one next year plus an additional IL recruit) out of IL - a program that just won the championship.

As we continue to build our program, we'll win some of those battles, but there's always going to be a dogfight for elite talent like Foecke.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I understand what you're saying, but with PSU in the way, I'm not sure Nebraska will win that conference in the next three years, let alone a national championship.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I understand what you're saying, but with PSU in the way, I'm not sure Nebraska will win that conference in the next three years, let alone a national championship.
True, but they have the best fan support (along with Hawaii) in women's volleyball, the best facility, and they're still a top ten program. Looking good tonight against San Diego too. Easy to see why top players would still go there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron