Question regarding Clone Zone

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Does anyone know if you buy a months worth of Clone Zone if it repeat bills that charge every month? I have an $8.95 payment to Iowa State Athletics and I have no idea what else it could be from. If this is the case it is pretty shady and I have missed it for about 6 months.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
Yes, it auto-renews. I missed it once and called after it booked (so like 3 days after it appeared on my credit card) and they removed it no questions. I am not sure if you'll be able to get 6 months worth, probably not, but you could e-mail them and ask. They only way to stop this is to go into clonezone and cancel it (even if you only bought a month you have to cancel), but the poopy thing is if you bought it for a month and want to use it for the entire month, you have to wait until after you are done using it because it will not let you in if you cancel halfway through the month (even though you will be charged for the whole month).

Yes, all-in-all, the one month thing is a pain and a wee-bit shady...:sad:

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Yes, it auto-renews. I missed it once and called after it booked (so like 3 days after it appeared on my credit card) and they removed it no questions. I am not sure if you'll be able to get 6 months worth, probably not, but you could e-mail them and ask. They only way to stop this is to go into clonezone and cancel it (even if you only bought a month you have to cancel), but the poopy thing is if you bought it for a month and want to use it for the entire month, you have to wait until after you are done using it because it will not let you in if you cancel halfway through the month (even though you will be charged for the whole month).

Yes, all-in-all, the one month thing is a pain and a wee-bit shady...:sad:
Thanks for the help. Wee-bit-shady is putting it mildly. I think I'm going to lay out that they either give me my 6 months of approx $54 back or sacrifice my annual donation. I think they'll see things my way.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
I just did this last month, my wife mentioned a recurring 8.95 fee for ISU athletics each month and if I knew what it was. I had signed up in August for the home opener for the monthly plan, which I thought meant 1 month, but didn't follow-up on it. they did cancel it right away which was nice, but I wasn't worried about the money part, figure if the athletic department gets a cut, then at least it went to a good cause...

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008

TheClone

Apr 10, 2006
KC, KS

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
"Monthly subscriptions are set to automatically renew every 30 days until you visit the Manage Packages link in your profile and cancel your subscription."

Any idea how I view my profile? I'd have no idea how to cancel.

Go to the ISU homepage
click log in to live events
click manage cards
click delete

(this is the only way I see how to do it, even though I have mine still active)

Bardman

Dec 7, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Man I just realized it was recurring so I panicked and cancelled it. In the cancel section doesn't mention that if you cancel you will not be able to view the live/premium content. So now its 10 minutes before tipoff and I have to pay for another subscription (even though I have paid a week ago and should have service into next month). Gotta watch for the recurring charges and do not cancel until the day before it renews or you have watched all the events you planned on watching.

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
Yep I'm still paying that recurring thing too. Might as well use up this full month tho. Had this happen at a gym I went to. 32 bucks recurring without me knowing it.

68clone

Apr 21, 2006
I don't think they are shady, just not very professional. They sent me a promo selling an annual subscription upgrade for a special price. I decided to take it and responded to their email to do so.

Later in the year, I was reviewing my credit card statement and they were charging me for the monthly rate and the new annual rate at the same time. I canceled the monthly subscription and considered the experience was a lesson well learned.

It's got some problems but I really do appreciate their broadcasts.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
I don't think they are shady, just not very professional. They sent me a promo selling an annual subscription upgrade for a special price. I decided to take it and responded to their email to do so.

Later in the year, I was reviewing my credit card statement and they were charging me for the monthly rate and the new annual rate at the same time. I canceled the monthly subscription and considered the experience was a lesson well learned.

It's got some problems but I really do appreciate their broadcasts.

This sounds like an error. We've had the annual rate for several years - don't use it much during some months, but, it's cheaper than monthly for the key months we really want. And, as noted, it supports the cause - tier 3 money.

Bardman

Dec 7, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Man I just realized it was recurring so I panicked and cancelled it. In the cancel section doesn't mention that if you cancel you will not be able to view the live/premium content. So now its 10 minutes before tipoff and I have to pay for another subscription (even though I have paid a week ago and should have service into next month). Gotta watch for the recurring charges and do not cancel until the day before it renews or you have watched all the events you planned on watching.

To their credit they refunded me today and did the right thing. The system is screwy but the customer support is solid. I'm still a fan of CloneZone!

kansascy

Apr 28, 2006
Wichita, KS
Better question about Clone Zone:

Why the frick can't they sync the sound with the video on the HD feed?

+1

I think it got worse last night, like they adjusted it the wrong way. Player is just about to release the ball at the free throw line and the audio tells you if they made it or not.