Question for Hok fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I think Iowa fans are scared because ISU finished as the best team in the state last year. Not sure about the Frost hate but that's probably fear too

Huh? Not sure if that is actually true. they hammered OSU late in the year and they beat us on our field. No way any hawk would believe or admit ISU was the better team by the end of the year. I wouldn't if I were them. Until ISU can actually pull off a win against the hawks, you can forget about them thinking ISU is better than them. Not going to happen. Are they concerned about our improvement? Sure, but again, we actually have to beat them before they would even think to concede we are better.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If Iowa receives a top 10 amount of AP votes it's a legit poll but if not we dismiss it. Lol you keep being you

You trying to compare teams that actually finish in the top 10 or even top 25 with teams that finish in the 'Others Receiving Votes' category reminds me of 'The Office' episode where they do safety training and Michael tries to compare office safety to the warehouse...

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Huh? Not sure if that is actually true. they hammered OSU late in the year and they beat us on our field. No way any hawk would believe or admit ISU was the better team by the end of the year. I wouldn't if I were them. Until ISU can actually pull off a win against the hawks, you can forget about them thinking ISU is better than them. Not going to happen. Are they concerned about our improvement? Sure, but again, we actually have to beat them before they would even think to concede we are better.

You can forget about that regardless of the CyHawk game results.

There's been seasons when ISU won and went on to do more the rest of the way and they still pull out their **** excuses.

ISU in October has been totally different than September so far under CMC so not sure how that game will turn out.

Jeffrey Scott

Sep 28, 2017
Iowa fans dislike Campbell for a few reasons. One is that he is confident. His staff uses social media and hashtags and play dumb music at practice and generally show an attitude that is the antithesis of Kirk's stale approach.

Another is that our fans are now confident. To them, we don't deserve to be excited about our team. Granted, our fans can get carried away, but so does every fanbase in the country. Nothing pisses them off more than media coverage of the Cyclones. It's something they've dominated since the '80s, and to have the media fawning over anyone but the HOKS is unacceptable and unwarranted.

They thought we would be in the Mountain West at this point, and they're a little bitter that we've found some success. The key is to keep it going, and that's been something we have been rightly ridiculed for.

It's amazing talking to Hawkeye fans and hear their ignorance on ISU's investment in athletics and the financial viability of the Big 12. Many think we are still subsidized by the government and that the Big 12 is seconds from imploding. They very much believe that it is 1995.
HOK fans are nervous, and it shows. They deeply want to believe that CMC will be gone in 3 years and we'll be back where we started. My experience with hard core HOK fans is that they don't even believe ISU should exist, and the almighty SUI should be the only higher education institution in the state. They are incredulous that we have the fan support that we do. None of this computes for them. An AAU school of 36,000 students and the third largest football stadium in the Big 12 won't just be an afterthought in the next conference realignment battle, it will be a major player and be a major voice in whatever happens.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

We received more votes in the final AP and coaches poll and beat three top 25 teams while their second best win was us...

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You trying to compare teams that actually finish in the top 10 or even top 25 with teams that finish in the 'Others Receiving Votes' category reminds me of 'The Office' episode where they do safety training and Michael tries to compare office safety to the warehouse...

So we just dismiss AP votes now?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
We received more votes in the final AP and coaches poll and beat three top 25 teams while their second best win was us...

Ron-Swanson-giggling1.gif

• Funny
Reactions: dexterhawk

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I didn't know Iowa was undefeated against Iowa State.

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
HOK fans are nervous, and it shows. They deeply want to believe that CMC will be gone in 3 years and we'll be back where we started. My experience with hard core HOK fans is that they don't even believe ISU should exist, and the almighty SUI should be the only higher education institution in the state. They are incredulous that we have the fan support that we do. None of this computes for them. An AAU school of 36,000 students and the third largest football stadium in the Big 12 won't just be an afterthought in the next conference realignment battle, it will be a major player and be a major voice in whatever happens.

laughter.gif

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
I think if fuckeye fans hate your coach, it is generally a good thing, because despite the growing numbers of mindless dolt fans they have, there are a few that know that better coaching around them means fewer wins, and they don't like this, because Iowa football is their life.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Hayden Fry developed this mentality among the hawk jihadists. That is why I hate him to the core.

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Iowa fans dislike Campbell for a few reasons. One is that he is confident. His staff uses social media and hashtags and play dumb music at practice and generally show an attitude that is the antithesis of Kirk's stale approach.

Another is that our fans are now confident. To them, we don't deserve to be excited about our team. Granted, our fans can get carried away, but so does every fanbase in the country. Nothing pisses them off more than media coverage of the Cyclones. It's something they've dominated since the '80s, and to have the media fawning over anyone but the HOKS is unacceptable and unwarranted.

They thought we would be in the Mountain West at this point, and they're a little bitter that we've found some success. The key is to keep it going, and that's been something we have been rightly ridiculed for.

It's amazing talking to Hawkeye fans and hear their ignorance on ISU's investment in athletics and the financial viability of the Big 12. Many think we are still subsidized by the government and that the Big 12 is seconds from imploding. They very much believe that it is 1995.

<< Haha. spot-on.

You must live in eastern Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron