Question for Hok fans?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
There's nothing wrong with an Iowa fan being happy with Ferentz. The Fran support crew needs some deep psychological therapy though.

Ups and downs but KF has been good for Iowa football. Fatigue of the fan base is natural but odds are the next Iowa coach will have trouble keeping KF's average # of wins.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
If you talk to any hok fan there is no way campbell or frost can turn their programs around. By the way nebby sucks ass in my opinion but I do think they got they right man.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
There's nothing wrong with an Iowa fan being happy with Ferentz. The Fran support crew needs some deep psychological therapy though.

Ups and downs but KF has been good for Iowa football. Fatigue of the fan base is natural but odds are the next Iowa coach will have trouble keeping KF's average # of wins.

I've said this before, and I'm probably going to start a holy war, but KF's record is what I'd like to see ISU achieve. Consistent 6-8 win bowl seasons, with a breakout year every once in a while with 9 to 11 wins and a high level bowl game/competing for a playoff spot.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I've said this before, and I'm probably going to start a holy war, but KF's record is what I'd like to see ISU achieve. Consistent 6-8 win bowl seasons, with a breakout year every once in a while with 9 to 11 wins and a high level bowl game/competing for a playoff spot.

Yeah but we don't have the Big Ten West schedule luxury he gets

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

If CMC is at ISU for 20 years it's likely he's had similar success and there's nothing to complain about.

5 years ago Hokdom was ready for Ferentz to be gone because they forgot how Hayden Fry had a bunch of marginal seasons.

I think there will be a bit of impatience this year if it's more like 6-7 wins since they jumped ahead last year in year 2. If the losses are to legit teams and 1-2 possession games it's a good sign.

One of the most impressive things I saw last year was that there was an identity found on both sides of the ball, or at least sought since the running game struggled.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

The result would be good if a down year is 5-7 wins, normal is 8 and great years are 10-12. The mistake would be thinking we can do it the same way they do with the speed the mid and lower teams have in the B12. It seems our coaches know that looking at how aggressively they are recruiting out of state.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Agree on Nebraska. The catch is that if Frost can't return them to their past glory, no one can. Hopefully their fans realize that.

Best case scenario for Nebraska is a similar ceiling to Iowa and Wisconsin. The truth may be their ceiling is slightly lower than Iowa and significantly lower than Wisconsin.

With the dramatic facilities upgrade and the huge fan support of the past decade there's no reason ISU can't throw themselves in that discussion. Nebraska is likely never going to be a top 5 program again. ISU becoming a top 25 program is more realistic than Nebraska getting back to their zenith...tons of work to do, but more realistic.

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
I don’t think most Iowa fans have a problem with Frost or Campbell as people, it’s just that they dislike their programs and both respective fanbases acting like their head coaches are the second coming of Jesus.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don’t think most Iowa fans have a problem with Frost or Campbell as people, it’s just that they dislike their programs and both respective fanbases acting like their head coaches are the second coming of Jesus.

I think Iowa fans are scared because ISU finished as the best team in the state last year. Not sure about the Frost hate but that's probably fear too

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
You had to bring Jesus into it

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

With Nebraska fans I get wanting them to wait for a single game.

With Campbell's turnaround last year...prepare to be a miserable human being if you expect ISU fans to not be excited about what actually happened on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.