Quad Cities Game Watch???

CycloneSupt6

Dec 18, 2008
Davenport
Any one know of a game watch in the Quad Cities? There is a "chapter" listed as for the QCA, but nothing official. And calls to the bar went unanswered.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Got this via email. May want to check with Overtime to see if they are doing a game watch. If you want the email of the guy that usually sets this up, PM me and I'll send it to you. He may know of a place to go.

[FONT=&quot]Hello Fellow Cyclone Fans and Alumni![/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As you know,Iowa State faces Minnesota in [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the Insight.com Bowl on Thursday, Dec. 31st[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]at 5:00pm.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There will NOT be an "official" gamewatch for the[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]game at Overtime, due to most people having other[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]plans for the holiday night, but I am sure[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]they will have the game televised there if you do not have[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]access to the NFL network, and need some place to watch it.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am not going to be able to make it up due to a prior[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]commitment, but would be happy to give them a call [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and have them reserve some tables for those who would[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]like to head up and watch the game there.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The person who was helping me out with the Cyclone events[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] at Overtime before is no longer working there, so I have a new[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]contact and he seems not as eager to accommodate us, but I will[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]still work on it and see what I can do. (If you were there for the ISU-IOWA[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]hoops game, you know what I mean as they we were scattered all over the place.)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So please reply to this and let me know if you have any [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]interest in watching the game at [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Overtime this Thursday, and I will do my best to get a [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]hold of the new manager to see if he can get some [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]tables reserved for Cyclone Fans.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks and Cheers to 2010![/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Some friends and I are going to watch it here:

Twenty Sports Grill & Nightclub

1405 5th AveMoline,IL61265-1335

Local: (309) 762-5674

Woody

Dec 29, 2009
Hi Guys-

I am the one that sent out that e-mail actually. I am waiting for Overtime Sports Bar and Grill in Bettendorf to call me back.

They were very helpful for previous gamewatches this year but the guy who was helping me out isn't there anymore and I cannot get a return call from the new guy.

I am working on it, and just called once again a few minutes ago and left another message so hopefully I will know something by Wednesday afternoon at least, and I will come back in and post.

And if you are in the QCA and want to be added to the e-mail list, please shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and I will add you to the list for future events.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:

CycloneSupt6

Dec 18, 2008
Davenport
I got a hold of someone there (Overtime) abt 45 minutes ago and said that they were showing the game. Is it necessary to make reservations to get a table to watch the game?

Woody

Dec 29, 2009
I don't think they take reservations but I talked to someone and asked to reserve some tables in the bar area for ISU fans. But still no call back from the manager and I just tried again,and it said the number is disconnected.

I know they will have it on, but I would just get there early to make sure you get a table. The only good thing is that it is never that busy at that time (except when ISU fans pack the place) so there should be tables available.

I will keep trying and stop up later to see if I can get something more formal organized too.

May have to find a different spot to go once again--And Overtime wonders why they are having a hard time staying in biz!

RustyClone

Dec 16, 2008
Hockenheim
I will give Overtime a try just because it is close to my home. It has been my experience that they are usually understaffed or the staff is so apathetic that service is an issue.