JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Jan 23, 2021; Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA; Minnesota Gophers guard Gabe Kalscheur (22) looks to passes the ball during the second half against the Maryland Terrapins at Williams Arena. Mandatory Credit: Harrison Barden-USA TODAY Sports

Iowa State and new head coach T.J. Otzelberger picked up a major recruiting win on Saturday when Minnesota transfer Gabe Kalscheur announced his commitment to the program.

The Cyclones beat out the new Golden Gophers staff, Wisconsin and several others to land the three-year Big Ten starter, which speaks to the recruiting ability of Otzelberger and his staff.

Cyclone Fanatic caught up with Kalscheur Saturday evening to learn more about his commitment, how he sees himself fitting into next year’s roster and what has him most excited about joining Iowa State.

That full interview, with questions and answers lightly edited for clarity and brevity, can be read below.

CF: What made you want to commit to Iowa State...

Continue reading...

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I’m excited for this guy.
TJ is really transforming the culture of this roster. Great addition. Love his comments about his shooting. He has a very good looking shot and I will be surprised if he doesn't see a big jump.
Really good stuff here
I’m a simple man. I see a recruit talk about how they love to defend, I get excited.
This guy is going to be the tone setter for this team going forward. Absolutely love it.
That's a nice interview. Thanks @JStanz51!
I'm pumped!
Pumpin' Up with Hans & Franz - SNL - YouTube

Help Support Us

Become a patron