Protecting the QB

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
So, who thinks the rules in the NFL are rediculous? I just saw the worst roughing the QB call I have seen this year to protect Stafford. There was no intent that I can see and I'm not even sure from the angle they showed that he was actually hit in the head. Weak IMO.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
so if you dont intend to grab a guys facemask and rip him to the ground, but you accidentally do, should it not be a 15 yard penalty. that was helmet to helmet and by rule if that happens against any player (not just qb) its a penalty. argue the rule itself if you wish. personally i think thats why they wear helmets...so that they can take hits in the head. but the refs were just correctly enforcing the rule.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
If the rule allows no brains to be used by the ref, its not a good rule in this case. I still never saw an angle that showed helmet to helmet. Looked to me like Stafford got pulled down by someone else before that even happened.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
the rules in the NFL and college have taken away from the game, IMO. You can barely touch a QB now, without drawing a penalty. If you even touch someone who is even close to going out of bounds, it's a flag.