Props to the KU coaches

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Last nights game was very entertaining and a big win for the Big 12. I was very impressed with how prepared KU was and thought the Man called a great game.
I thought it was particularly telling when VT got cute on the punt coverage late in the game and Kansas made them pay with the 4th down completion. Thought that was the game.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I thought it was a great game and very entertaining. At least for somebody rooting for KU. I thought VT would beat them fairly easily, but I was wrong. I liked how KU hustled their butts off the entire game.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
As much as it sickens me to see KU win, what a great game for the Big 12. I thought for sure the Big 12 would get beaten up in the off season for not shining in the BCS. I would have rather seen OU beat West Virginia though.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I have a very hard time rooting for KU (isn't it suppose to be UK?) but even with the 40 year drought in a big time bowl, the Kansas coaches looked unflappable. Maybe that was why Stoops won early bowl games, the Man was on the staff.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I haven't been real impressed by Virginia Tech this year, but I did expect them to rally and likely win the game last night. When I checked back later in the fourth quarter, I was pleasantly surprised to see them still ahead. Once the conference season is done, I root for the conference as a whole, to the extent that I can.

Cardinal&Gold11

Nov 6, 2007
The land of Eastern Iowa University
As stated before I was really impressed with Kansas. It kills me inside to cheer for them but i was doing just that last night. Coming into the game i tought that kansas was going to easily beat them, but i was proven wrong. It's good to see the Big 12 win a BCS game after OU got destroyed in the Fiesta Bowl. I never really have liked VT that much. There defense is good but there offense looks pretty terrible at times. Kansas outplayed them in every part of the game

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
I thought VT would clean their clock too and fortunately I was wrong. I stayed up to watch the game and was impressed by how prepared the team was......a great team effort! They looked like they belonged on the field unlike Oklahoma earlier in the week. There is only one team that I just can't root for in the Big 12........Knebraska....otherwise, GO BIG 12!

Coach Mangino is just now finishing dessert from the victory meal! :eek:

Z

Last edited:

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
Kansas won and USC won. Who will get the #2 in the final polls, and will anyone steal the #1 spot in the AP poll? The coaches poll is required to give the winner of the championship game the #1 title, but not the AP.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
Kansas won and USC won. Who will get the #2 in the final polls, and will anyone steal the #1 spot in the AP poll? The coaches poll is required to give the winner of the championship game the #1 title, but not the AP.
Yeah, you know there's probably a decent chance USC gets the AP if LSU is able to win. They both have two losses and anyone who watched the Rose Bowl had to have been impressed with SC.

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
I'm guessing that USC is a virtual lock to finish at #2 in both polls. I don't see any team leaping over either Ohio State or LSU for the #1 spot in the AP poll, though. I think the only way that it might happen is if both LSU and Ohio State play really sloppy, mistake-filled football in a close game and the winner (whichever team it its) doesn't look too impressive in victory. Even then, I doubt that USC would leapfrog the BCS title game winner. I think the AP voters will remember that this is a team that lost to 40-point underdog Stanford at home, and that's an argument-killer for a team aspiring to a national title. USC may have national championship talent, but they didn't have a national championship season, in my opinion.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
I'm guessing that USC is a virtual lock to finish at #2 in both polls. I don't see any team leaping over either Ohio State or LSU for the #1 spot in the AP poll, though. I think the only way that it might happen is if both LSU and Ohio State play really sloppy, mistake-filled football in a close game and the winner (whichever team it its) doesn't look too impressive in victory. Even then, I doubt that USC would leapfrog the BCS title game winner. I think the AP voters will remember that this is a team that lost to 40-point underdog Stanford at home, and that's an argument-killer for a team aspiring to a national title. USC may have national championship talent, but they didn't have a national championship season, in my opinion.

true, but does any team have a national championship season? Not this year.

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
true, but does any team have a national championship season? Not this year.
Good point. Still, I'd say Ohio State's one loss and LSU's two losses (to Kentucky and Arkansas) are a little more forgivable in the eyes of poll voters than USC's loss to Stanford. Although USC certainly didn't do Ohio State any favors by absolutely dismantling an Illini team that the Buckeyes lost to in Columbus.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
I'll tell you, I thought the season started out as a game of luck. But after the other night and a few other games, KU was the real deal to me. They might not beat the OSU, or LSU, or USC of college, but they were definately a top 6 team in my book. It was the first time I actually was pulling for them, and darn proud that they came through.

I also noticed that a lot of their team is made up of juniors, so this success and high ranking should carry over to next season! Will be a great game to have at home next year, thats for sure.

Thats the nice thing with the Big XII now, you dont need Texas or Oklahoma to always havea good game for the weekend. The whold conference is really stepping up their game.