Props to the fans at the game tonight.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Watching on TV, we put on a great show. It got really quiet after the blocked FG that got returned, but other than that, it was awesome.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
The announcers were extremely impressed with the atmosphere. The "light show" started during commercial but they were so impressed they had to comment and show like a replay to the national audience. At one point they pointed out that the crowd noise was making their cameras shake. After the game they were commenting that this was what college athletics was all-about. Watching the crowd pour onto the field after the game made the hair on the back of his neck stand up.

I couldn't tell you how many times they mentioned the dominating performance. Thanks to all of the athletes, coaches, and the fans in attendance for such a dominating performance.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
One of my biggest issues with our fans at football games is for some reason they’re completely silent on defense for First and second down and then make noise for third down. I was watching on tv, but it seemed like they were actually making noise on almost every down, so that was pretty awesome. It would honestly be one of the hardest stadiums to play in if they did that every game.

Also, there was a point, I think early in the second quarter, where Montgomery was just ripping run after run and breaking a **** load of tackles and he came out for a quick breather and the crowd applauded him just like when a basketball player that’s had a great game gets pulled at the end and the crowd recognizes it. That cracked me up a little. Total Iowa State thing to do.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
What was the attendance?

Looked pretty full except for one shot from the northwest upper deck (I think)

That didn't look full, but looked like a nice crowd

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
This doesn’t really do it justice on how cool it looked on TV.

It was awesome. How did it even get started?

I also wonder how the light thing got started last night. As I recall, it was well before the Tom Petty song (for which they did it again).

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
One of my biggest issues with our fans at football games is for some reason they’re completely silent on defense for First and second down and then make noise for third down. I was watching on tv, but it seemed like they were actually making noise on almost every down, so that was pretty awesome. It would honestly be one of the hardest stadiums to play in if they did that every game.

Also, there was a point, I think early in the second quarter, where Montgomery was just ripping run after run and breaking a **** load of tackles and he came out for a quick breather and the crowd applauded him just like when a basketball player that’s had a great game gets pulled at the end and the crowd recognizes it. That cracked me up a little. Total Iowa State thing to do.

My son noticed the cheering on downs other than 3rd started on the 2nd and 22 deep in the south end. From then on, it was pretty much every down.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I was there and I love the atmosphere so much more than under Rhoads, winning helps but also the like trap music they play all the time had everyone dancing even old people. Apparently easier to get hyped to than Van Halen and **** on repeat.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This doesn’t really do it justice on how cool it looked on TV.

It was awesome. How did it even get started?

From the west side, it looked like the students started it, but it was amazing at how quickly the whole stadium was doing it. I've been to many night games, but I've never seen that happen. And it was magical---to the point where I kind of stopped and took a mental note. The best part is that everyone shut it down when play started because we had serious cheering and yelling to do.

As an aside, does anyone know what song was playing after we scored the 3rd touchdown. I have a fondness for all of the after touchdown songs (Do Something Crazy, Bang on the Drum All Day), but I don't know the name of the third one.

• Agree
Reactions: DarkStar and cyputz

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I didn't go with my usual crazy game-partner so it was less crazy for me. I'd love to see a replay on TV.

It's playing on some fox sports channel at 5 today. There were replays on at 2 am last night and 8 am this morning too. It'll be on cyclones.com on Tuesday.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I was there and I love the atmosphere so much more than under Rhoads, winning helps but also the like trap music they play all the time had everyone dancing even old people. Apparently easier to get hyped to than Van Halen and **** on repeat.

I was never against playing Sweet Caroline in the 3rd quarter. I obviously know a lot of people hated it. But there was one game last year when they played Won't Back Down. I really liked that. They played it last night but at some random time in the 4th quarter. There's something missing in between the 3rd and the 4th now. I wish that would be the Won't Back Down place.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
From the west side, it looked like the students started it, but it was amazing at how quickly the whole stadium was doing it. I've been to many night games, but I've never seen that happen. And it was magical---to the point where I kind of stopped and took a mental note. The best part is that everyone shut it down when play started because we had serious cheering and yelling to do.

As an aside, does anyone know what song was playing after we scored the 3rd touchdown. I have a fondness for all of the after touchdown songs (Do Something Crazy, Bang on the Drum All Day), but I don't know the name of the third one.
juicy wiggle.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
It's playing on some fox sports channel at 5 today. There were replays on at 2 am last night and 8 am this morning too. It'll be on cyclones.com on Tuesday.

Appointment TV, The NFL will have worked it's boredom magic on me by then.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
When TV came back from break, they showed a quick view of it from the north end zone and it looked cool as hell.