Professor wants to meet me personally...

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
One of my professors wants to meet with me personally regarding an essay I wrote a little under a month ago. It can't possibly be plagiarism considering I didn't do it and I checked it online using copyscape...

What the hell could he want?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
One of my professors wants to meet with me personally regarding an essay I wrote a little under a month ago. It can't possibly be plagiarism considering I didn't do it and I checked it online using copyscape...

I had a prof years ago that wanted to use one of my papers as a sample or something. I think he wanted to provide it to students in the class if they were struggling. Most likely it would have been a sample on what not to do.

Of course on the other hand it could be the plagiarism thing.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

If you're positive it isn't plagiarism, could it be that she/he wants to enter it in a scholarship contest or something of that sort? Was the grade good on it? It could be about plagiarism, but if you cited well and didn't plagiarize, it shouldn't be an issue.

Not sure about the "in person" part. I would think they would be up front about it to begin with, whatever it is.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
No grade received yet. It is blank on Blackboard. My friends in the class however have a grade. and I'm positive it isn't plagiarism because it is sort of an opinion essay and I didn't copy anything anyway.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Doesn't hurt to prepare for everything. If you do get accused of plagiarism, and you did not do it, you should keep your cool and realize that you do have recourse (can go above the professor's head). Keep calm and try to talk it out. If the professor doesn't see the light (for whatever reason) you should go to the department chair and/or the dean of the college as soon as possible to get it sorted out.

This is all assuming that you did not plagiarize. There are occasions where people accidentally plagiarize.

In reality, it will probably be something good and you shouldn't worry. But be prepared and don't say or do something you will regret later, if you are accused.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Maybe he hates all sports teams from Ohio?

Or maybe he want's to discuss whether or not Grady can return to his 30-30 form.. Or maybe complain about how much of a D-bag Lebron is.. Or maybe he wants your d. Everyone seems to be jumping on that bandwagon, I'll take the bate!

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Doesn't hurt to prepare for everything. If you do get accused of plagiarism, and you did not do it, you should keep your cool and realize that you do have recourse (can go above the professor's head). Keep calm and try to talk it out. If the professor doesn't see the light (for whatever reason) you should go to the department chair and/or the dean of the college as soon as possible to get it sorted out.

This is all assuming that you did not plagiarize. There are occasions where people accidentally plagiarize.

In reality, it will probably be something good and you shouldn't worry. But be prepared and don't say or do something you will regret later, if you are accused.

flip his desk over while standing up and yell **** you! I quit!