Pride Month DYK

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
D9MuXdgWwAcHE40.jpg
Forcing people to eat tacos, won’t someone think of the children!

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
On an individual level, its not a belief. On a macro level, the movement itself, and the agenda behind it certainly fits the definition of a cult.
You mean the movement to build awareness, acceptance, love, and openness towards a group have been marginalized, harassed, belittled, and disowned because of who they are? Sounds like quite the cult to me...

cyguy9320

Nov 26, 2006
We both know what I was talking about. Oh well, I’m sure we’ve now come to the point where saying you and I is offensive to someone. Can’t ever keep everyone happy.
I don't think people get offended if someone accidentally refers to them with the incorrect pronouns. It would be the recurring and intentional misuse of pronouns that get people upset.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We both know what I was talking about. Oh well, I’m sure we’ve now come to the point where saying you and I is offensive to someone. Can’t ever keep everyone happy.
You can add 'we' to the list of pronouns you use but don't use.

Hey, I'm old and stogey. I'm not a fan of the flexible pronoun thing, but if it makes someone more comfortable in themeselves, is it really that big of a deal to do it out of mutual respect?

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
You can add 'we' to the list of pronouns you use but don't use.

Hey, I'm old and stogey. I'm not a fan of the flexible pronoun thing, but if it makes someone more comfortable in themeselves, is it really that big of a deal to do it out of mutual respect?
It's all about respect. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron