President Geoffrey

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I don't really see what Leath has done that Geoffery couldn't, and no replacement could've done either.

Leath is known for coming into locker rooms and talking to the team after games. His wife just talked to the women's team. Did he talk to the team after the Iowa or Michigan game? Serious question, I don't know. But if not, it's probably because he knows he's hated in the program.

I dont think anyone in the athletic department would be sad to see him go

The AD isn't the whole school.
Leaders do things. People like those things and hate those things. It was like that for Geoffrey, it's like that for Leath, and it'll be like that for everyone after him.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Leath has expanded the university at a rate never seen before and is doing truly amazing things and you are all worried about a decision on some well below average basketball player that got his own *** in trouble. It's mind numbing.

Talking about burning effigies and how catastrophic this is, my God, find some ******* reality.

.... I am not saying it would be right, but if Fred left because he didn't get a long with Leath? Who do you think the Alumni would stand behind?

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
Calm down there. It could be said that bringing in Hoiberg, Rhoads, having athletic success is a direct effect of having more students recently than ever before. Just a thought.

May sound dumb but gaining exposure athletically brings students to a university. It's sad but the truth.

100% agree. Athletics drives the college world. I went to ISU to be an accountant. Both Iowa and UNI (at the time) had "better" programs. Im sure someone will prove me wrong based on some rankings, but at the time both of those other programs were known. I solely picked my school because I wanted to be a Cyclone. Was that wrong? I say hell no. I loved every minute of it, regardless of my major because I enjoyed being a Cyclone.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
The AD isn't the whole school.
Leaders do things. People like those things and hate those things. It was like that for Geoffrey, it's like that for Leath, and it'll be like that for everyone after him.

No one hated Geoffery. Except EIU.

I honestly don't remember because I was a little young at the time, but is he to blame for Eustachy leaving , or was it the DB BVD?

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Once the word "Bubu" appears in a thread, the whole site goes down the toilet. Few, if any, keep their wits about them at that point.

I understand that message boards bring out the fringe sociopaths, but this is just over the top, even for them.

If you look at the corporate partnerships Leath has developed and the exponential growth rate of the university under his leadership, you'd think it would be enough. Of course with this crowd you have to add things such as coach contracts, south endzone, the total belief in athletics being the front door of the university, etc. for his accomplishments to even matter, but even then it should be enough to create realizations that a late decision on the 3rd string PG (or any player for that matter) is so unimportant it doesn't even register on the scale.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Not enough people on here realize how pompous and terrible administration at ISU was before Geoffrey/Leath and Jamie.

Bruce Van De ******* Veld was here. Martin my **** don't stink Jischke was here.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
.... I am not saying it would be right, but if Fred left because he didn't get a long with Leath? Who do you think the Alumni would stand behind?

If the school is sitting at where the projections have it in the next few years? Leath by a large margin. I love me some Fred as much as the next guy, but the basketball coach is not the university.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I understand that message boards bring out the fringe sociopaths, but this is just over the top, even for them.

If you look at the corporate partnerships Leath has developed and the exponential growth rate of the university under his leadership, you'd think it would be enough. Of course with this crowd you have to add things such as coach contracts, south endzone, the total belief in athletics being the front door of the university, etc. for his accomplishments to even matter, but even then it should be enough to create realizations that a late decision on the 3rd string PG (or any player for that matter) is so unimportant it doesn't even register on the scale.

ask anyone in the program, Boo was starting this year had the bearded fearless leader of this university didn't ban the poor kid. 3rd string PG... Right

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I dont know that the harkin institute thing was a screwup.

JMO but I feel it was made a way bigger issue than it should have been. I am not concerned about the political party whether it was Harkin, Grassley, King or whoever else ISU should have been honored that they chose ISU to house their papers.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
ask anyone in the program, Boo was starting this year had the bearded fearless leader of this university didn't ban the poor kid. 3rd string PG... Right

Heh. Watch Bubu play then watch Morris play. If you can't see a difference you need to find a new sport, because clearly this one isn't working for you.

Bubu wasn't even the backup PG last year. When he was on the court Clyburn had to take over ball handling duties. If Bubu was thought of as the starting PG coming in, it was only by default as the only PG on the roster prior to the new guys showing up.

Last edited:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Heh. Watch Bubu play then watch Morris play. If you can't see a difference you need to find a new sport, because clearly this one isn't working for you.

Morris is better, no doubt. But he wouldn't have started right away. And them Bu would've come off the bench to bring energy to the court later in the year. Thomas wouldn't have started had Bu been here, and he and Kane would've split time bringing the ball up

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Leath has been an excellent president to Iowa State University. Don't know how some of you judge him based of the Bubu decision.

I question his judgment and his relationship to special interest groups on a number of matters, not just this one, and have since his hire. I won't elaborate, sorry.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Faculty had a lot of issues with Geoffrey. That happens when you're in charge.

I'm not sure on the Eustachy thing. I think BVD, but someone will spell that one out soon.

Geoffrey was in his second year here when that whole debacle began. However, I think general consensus was that all of that was on Bruce the Despicable. May be just my opinion. Most of the folks I know were not sorry to see him leave.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron