Predictions: Wisc-Green Bay vs. Iowa State

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Thoughts?

I don't see how we don't win this game by 20 points. GB capitalized on a horribly sloppy game against Virginia and attempted like 40 free throws, and hit most of them. I don't think they'll even attempt half of that against us. The ISU women have them outmatched physically (athleticism AND good looks, despite what others have commented on about GB :wink:).

I'm going with:

ISU 72
GB 52

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
Thoughts?

I don't see how we don't win this game by 20 points. GB capitalized on a horribly sloppy game against Virginia and attempted like 40 free throws, and hit most of them. I don't think they'll even attempt half of that against us. The ISU women have them outmatched physically (athleticism AND good looks, despite what others have commented on about GB :wink:).

I'm going with:

ISU 72
GB 52

what has me worried is GB plays a similar offense to KState, which gives us trouble. The key for ISU will be our post defense. Will they be quick enough to keep up with GB's motion offense. I look for ISU to make a statement in the post early, and I think our guard size on defense will be problematic for GB. I also don't think ISU will play into GBs frenetic style.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
With Aus it won't be as problematic as otherwise, but, WGB can press and trap and will try to disrupt our offensive tempo. Prins will need to get the ball up, plan ahead, shot quickly or they'll steal the ball if she holds it waist high, thinking. It certainly won't be easy - they do have some quality wins. Sunday, for some reason, we got behind them - tonight will be different. I got to visit with some of their fans at the motel - seem like nice people - they didn't expect to beat UVA.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
There were a lot of Green Bay fans at the game on Sunday. I hope this doesn't throw our usual home court advantage off. I'm a little nervous but I think the Sisters pull out a close one. Time to Fan-Up!!! Buy a ticket, show-up, and cheer loud!!!

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
im happy they brought fans.. it adds to the atmosphere

I think the game is close at the break but Iowa state pulls away at the end
77-59

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
I don't think GB made a field goal in the last 15 minutes of the game. The only points they scored were off FT's. Virginia played horrible and still almost won. I say we win by 20+ points.

75-51

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I don't think GB made a field goal in the last 15 minutes of the game. The only points they scored were off FT's. Virginia played horrible and still almost won. I say we win by 20+ points.

75-51

I think it was the last 12 minutes and change.

That is still amazing. I'm sure Bill will point out that if you foul this team, you will lose.

Last edited:

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
ISU wins big, y 20+ points, ESPN analysts will point out that ISU got lucky as GB overachieved, much like Ball St. last year. Then we lose big to UCONN, and again ISU will get no respect.:jimlad:

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
If the analysts have to talk about us it's a good thing. If we can be UConn's next opponent, lots of good press. No downside, I think. One at a time.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
im happy they brought fans.. it adds to the atmosphere

I think the game is close at the break but Iowa state pulls away at the end
77-59
I think so also and the Hilton crowd will look great on TV! 8K-9K for a WBB game isn't too bad!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron