Predict Next years ISU & Iowa b-ball records

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
True. We'll see though. Declaring anything a done deal is pretty premature at this point.

It's not premature to say Fran won't bring in an impact player next year because he won't. A sit out guy maybe but you'd know if they were targeting a JUCO by now and Spring JUCO's aren't good except the top few

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
It's not premature to say Fran won't bring in an impact player next year because he won't. A sit out guy maybe but you'd know if they were targeting a JUCO by now and Spring JUCO's aren't good except the top few
Well he can sell playing time... If past history is any indicator I'll admit he probably won't land a grad transfer but desperate times call for desperate measures:)

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
"You have the grad transfers, which is the worst rule in the history of college basketball," Fran McCaffery.
Interesting that a grad transfer might be all they can get at this point if Fran stays. What HS, Juke, or sit one transfer is going to go somewhere when it's 50/50 at best that your coach in '18-'19 will be the same guy again in '19-'20. And if the kid is a difference maker who has other bigtime programs in on him, I'm sure some of them will be happy to point that out to him during the recruiting process. Many kids may claim to not choose a school because of who the coach is but I doubt many go into it hoping to go through a coaching change.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Well he can sell playing time... If past history is any indicator I'll admit he probably won't land a grad transfer but desperate times call for desperate measures:)

Who's he going to sell playing time to? Some crappy JUCO kid that won't help?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Interesting that a grad transfer might be all they can get at this point if Fran stays. What HS, Juke, or sit one transfer is going to go somewhere when it's 50/50 at best that your coach in '18-'19 will be the same guy again in '19-'20. And if the kid is a difference maker who has other bigtime programs in on him, I'm sure some of them will be happy to point that out to him during the recruiting process. Many kids may claim to not choose a school because of who the coach is but I doubt many go into it hoping to go through a coaching change.

Fran isn't going to go after a grad transfer he's been very open and adamant about how much he hates them

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Who's he going to sell playing time to? Some crappy JUCO kid that won't help?
I could see a bunch of transfers opening up some playing time. Honestly, having several guys in the front court leave might not actually be all bad, even if they don't get anyone to replace them. It would effectively force Fran to shorten the bench, which he needs to do anyway.
Depends on who leaves though. If Cook leaves, they are sunk.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I could see a bunch of transfers opening up some playing time. Honestly, having several guys in the front court leave might not actually be all bad, even if they don't get anyone to replace them. It would effectively force Fran to shorten the bench, which he needs to do anyway.
Depends on who leaves though. If Cook leaves, they are sunk.

I've heard some rumors Cook is looking to transfer or go pro after this year

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I've heard some rumors Cook is looking to transfer or go pro after this year
That would be pretty bad for them, no matter how hard their fans would try to spin it. He's easily their best player. Inconsistent? Sure. He's got holes in his game, but he's got plenty of talent. It's the coach's job to mold him. If he leaves, it would be the biggest critique on Fran, to date.

• Dislike
Reactions: dexterhawk

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Fran isn't going to go after a grad transfer he's been very open and adamant about how much he hates them
That was before this season. You're probably right but the current **** show might change his opinion.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You'd think Weiskamp has to REALLY be questioning his decision right now. He would have to give up a year though if he wanted out now, right?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
That was before this season. You're probably right but the current **** show might change his opinion.

Man, that would be a tough change for Fran and the "right way" part of the fan base.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You'd think Weiskamp has to REALLY be questioning his decision right now. He would have to give up a year though if he wanted out now, right?

Iowa would let him out of his LOI if Fran leaves otherwise Bilas and others would rip Barta apart. I'm guessing Wieskamp would go to Iowa even if Lickliter was there though. Lots of those in state kids are committing to the university not the coach

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Man, that would be a tough change for Fran and the "right way" part of the fan base.
I post on the pay board on HR quite frequently. I honestly don't see anyone posting "right way" stuff. The vast majority of the fan base would be just fine with a grad transfer.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I post on the pay board on HR quite frequently. I honestly don't see anyone posting "right way" stuff. The vast majority of the fan base would be just fine with a grad transfer.

Fran isn't fine with it though. What's your username over there?