Predict Next years ISU & Iowa b-ball records

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Wow, that link to iowa rivals poll... 90% thought they would be 10-8 or better. And not only 1-6, but not even close to competitive. Talk about disappointment.

To the OP... without looking at schedules...

ISU 21-9 (12-6 in conference)
I am very optimistic right now- they don't lose much (DJ); will gain a lot in chemistry; Wigg, Lard, and Solo another year of growth; plus Shayiok.

Iowa 15-15 (7-11 in conference)
Iowa will be about .500. I think they will have better guard play next year (by default, can't get worse). But I do think they will have some transfers out (maybe Cook). And at the end of the day, they have Fran. They make the NIT, and the narrative is they are on the rise...

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wow, that link to iowa rivals poll... 90% thought they would be 10-8 or better. And not only 1-6, but not even close to competitive. Talk about disappointment.

90% thought 10-8 or better
50% thought 12-6 or better
3.6% accurately predicted the zone they'll finish in. (only 4 votes and admittedly there are probably ISU trolls there so maybe 0)

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
ISU.....20-10. Lose to Kentucky in the second round who goes on to win the National Championship.

IOwa....8-15 to start the year before Fran and his sons leave the program. 1-7 after that.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
You think ISU only wins 3 more games next year if you guys still have Fran?
Yes. Looks like you guys will have tougher schedule. Lots can change though...have to see what happens the rest of the way going into next year.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Transfers will have almost no impact on either team text year.
Maybe, maybe not. Couple guys leave Iowa and IF Iowa was to land a grad transfer or a juco it could change things for bad or good. ISU seems set but you never know

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yes. Looks like you guys will have tougher schedule. Lots can change though...have to see what happens the rest of the way going into next year.

ISU is already better than Iowa this year and we'll be much better next year than we are this year. You guys aren't even recruiting a JUCO and Fran won't go after a grad transfer

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
What is there to see? If you aren't on a Spring JUCO by now you can't expect to land a good one and Fran has flat out said he hates the grad transfer rule and has even tried to get one
True. We'll see though. Declaring anything a done deal is pretty premature at this point.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Maybe, maybe not. Couple guys leave Iowa and IF Iowa was to land a grad transfer or a juco it could change things for bad or good. ISU seems set but you never know

I understand your position, you really have no choice.

You, like most hoks now, will suggest program success is a completely random process not connected to past performance or any current trends. "Eh, it is all up in the air. If ISU is good it is because they caught some breaks. If Hoks are bad, it is because they just got 'Tyler Ulised' again." I am sure Fran has a number of examples of off-season surprises that lift the programs prospects.

I would love to debate that but let's just go ahead and let hokdom believe that, has to be painful enough already.

• Creative
Reactions: dexterhawk

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I understand your position, you really have no choice.

You, like most hoks now, will suggest program success is a completely random process not connected to past performance or any current trends. "Eh, it is all up in the air. If ISU is good it is because they caught some breaks. If Hoks are bad, it is because they just got 'Tyler Ulised' again." I am sure Fran has a number of examples of off-season surprises that lift the programs prospects.

I would love to debate that but let's just go ahead and let hokdom believe that, has to be painful enough already.
Interesting. I Haven't posted anything close to that.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Interesting. I Haven't posted anything close to that.

My bad -

I read this post from you and thought you meant a lot of unforeseen things could happen that would affect the fortunes of either team -

I am sure hok fan hopes lots will change. But it won't.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
My bad -

I read this post from you and thought you meant a lot of unforeseen things could happen that would affect the fortunes of either team -

I am sure hok fan hopes lots will change. But it won't.
Yes, next year is set in stone for both teams. Nothing that transpires between now and next year will effect anything

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee

The two most selected options in our poll were 17-13 and 16-14, as if we needed any more confirmation on which fan base is closer to reality.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
You think ISU only wins 3 more games next year if you guys still have Fran?

Well, Iowa gets to play in the BIG 10, and that conference is a no good, very bad place. Who knows? Even a steaming pile of basketball mediocrity might snag that many wins against that competition.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron