Post Covid Kim/Derecho Brewery Survival series.

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Some breweries are teetering on the brink of new changes: some for the better, others for the worse.
Here is what I have. Please add what you know (especially bold new openings please.)

1. Millstream purchase is nearly finalized. Some talk of a name change?
2. Is Quarterbarrel in Cedar Rapids actually closed? Please comment.
3. Third Base brewery in Cedar Rapids is still battling the problems associated with their landlord not being able to find anyone to replace their roof and repair other damage attributable to the derecho storm. The slowness of repairs has expanded their "why not also fix this" list. Then came the heavy rains of November 10. A roof that was not repaired, but thought to be at least 'covered' leaked like H! NOW walls that formerly did not need to be demoed, will now likely need to be demoed to rid the place of any mold. Will the landlord float the bill? Doubt it, but that is MY opinion as the landlord lives in Covid ridden North Dakota (yup, I wondered why they kept the NDSU paraphernalia hanging when even the Hawks played NDSU).

Some other stuff about various breweries, but nothing to verify.

To all those who say they never had a good Millstream beer, tonight I am sipping on the Millstream 2020 Barrel Aged Octoberfest (6.7%ABV 21IBUs). I've never been an Octoberfest beer fan (though I like ales and stouts), and I've never been a Whisky Barrel aged beer fan, but this one is nice. Not too over the top. Nutty tasting. Not too sweet (as some whisky aged products tend to be). Very nice in many ways, and the bottling machine left NO issues with contamination (a BIG step with respect to Millstream). Cheers.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Kinship in waukee is set to announce their opening date later here today

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron