Positives From Exhibition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
I love the way Kane and Hogue rebound. Once Ejim comes back, team will be unstoppable on the boards. Plus I think Percy looked better rebounding.

Freshmen, once the nerves wore off for Morris and Thomas, they played great.

Going even faster. I hope we bring the ball down the court that quickly the entire year.

All in all, IMO, a very good exhibition. Reveals a lot of stuff to work on, but that's definitely okay

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Morris looks like the answer at PG. He will definitely struggle at times as all freshman do but I expect Kane will slide to the 3, Thomas stays at the 2 and Morris takes over at point.

Long is scrappy and is going to be that guy that does things that don't show up on the stat sheet.

Kane is a manchild, with Ejim and him I'm not sure teams will out rebound us ever.

FREE THROWS!! Much improved which is huge.

Morris/Thomas are going to be very special.

We are extremely deep at every position. I feel comfortable with anyone on the floor.

Hoiberg can flat out coach, just an exhibition game but we come out with adjustments after half and flat out dominate.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I thought Percy gave very solid minutes for us tonight. If he can give 10-15 minutes a game while Melvin is out, I'll be happy.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Maybe it's just because we're a small team but Kane looked like a power forward to me. He's not that tall of a guy, but he appears to be terrifyingly strong.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Morris looks like the answer at PG. He will definitely struggle at times as all freshman do but I expect Kane will slide to the 3, Thomas stays at the 2 and Morris takes over at point.

Long is scrappy and is going to be that guy that does things that don't show up on the stat sheet.

Kane is a manchild, with Ejim and him I'm not sure teams will out rebound us ever.

FREE THROWS!! Much improved which is huge.

Morris/Thomas are going to be very special.

We are extremely deep at every position. I feel comfortable with anyone on the floor.

Hoiberg can flat out coach, just an exhibition game but we come out with adjustments after half and flat out dominate.

Not sure about that statement....getting a bit carried away I think.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Morris looked better than I expected. He got better the longer he was on the floor. Hogue and Kane are grown-*** men. Niang had a bit of a tough game with misses, and TOs - but I'm not worried. Will be nice to get Hogue and Ejim on the floor at the same time.

We WILL get out-rebounded this year. We need to keep in mind this is a D2 team.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
SECOND HALF ADJUSTMENTS! I'm not sure what was said in the locker room but whatever rust we hadn't knocked off on the court seems to have been knocked off in the locker room.

Kane was in beast mode!

Morris and Tomas - could be really really good.

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
I know it's just Augustana and an exhibition game, but if Morris/Thomas play that well all year and into next year... with Niang, Nader, Hogue... and a shot at RV... I am swimming in the coolaid.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
I liked how Thomas scored all his points within the framework of the offense....he didn't do anything special to score all those points.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Kane's a stud. If that kind of effort is just another night on the court for him, we're going to be really good this year.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Not sure about that statement....getting a bit carried away I think.

Agreed, the 5 is extremely shakey.
It's obvious Kane is a boss. When Ejim returns, Kane, Thomas, Hogue, Ejim and Niang will be a fearsome starting lineup. Then with Morris, Naz and SDW off the bench make me feel vary good about the coming season. Percy and Edozie will struggle against BCS competition but we only need them for small minutes.

IST8CIVILENGR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2011
Pittsburg, KS
Marshall is going to miss Kane! To all those that thought he was a cancer ? The guy has a motor and plays physicals, which may be a big deal looking forward with the new rules. Hand checking is tick tack will make for some ugly basketball games goodluck Big East!

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I was completely shell-shocked at first. With the departure of Babb, McGee, Lucious, Clyburn, and Booker, I expected to see a lot of new faces this year...but man, I barely recognized 1 face on that team! It's going to be really fun watching this team grow and find its identity in the upcoming weeks/months.