Positive news in Mod realm

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Here's how I like to picture the process:

View attachment 75756
Heck, even like a notification of if reported posts were seen. Something like “your report was read, no action taken due to non-violation of rules” or something like that, I think would go a long way. One of my bans was because someone was openly advocating for the lynching of black people, and nothing happened for like, 14 hours after I reported it, so I felt at that point, since I didn’t know what was going on with the reported post, was to call it out publicly. Which, I violated the board rules and rightfully got banned for it, but didn’t know what other options I had. Transparency would go a LONG way with a lot of people, I think.

Last edited:

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Heck, even like a notification of if reported posts were seen. Something like “your report was read, no action taken due to non-violation of rules” or something like that, I think would go a long way. One of my bans was because someone was openly advocating for the lunching of black people, and nothing happened for like, 14 hours after I reported it, so I felt at that point, since I didn’t know what was going on with the reported post, was to call it out publicly. Which, I violated the board rules and rightfully got banned for it, but didn’t know what other options I had. Transparency would go a LONG way with a lot of people, I think.
Does lunching black people mean eating them or taking them out to lunch, this is an important distinction.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Since @kcbob79clone started the negative thread about the amazing moderators we have here, I thought we need a thread where only positive things about mods can be shared.

Like the positive covid thread: no questioning of information allowed.

Most of our mods have cured several forms of cancer and I once saw a mod run into a burning building to save five young children.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
We have the best mods.... amazing.... fantastic.... no one has mods like ours.... no ones seen mods do what our mods do... brilliant really

• Funny

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
If anyone has questions about anything, most of us are pretty happy to communicate. I do want to invite anyone to PM me if you have a question about if something is okay or not. It may take me a bit to get back to you, but I'll do my best.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
If anyone has questions about anything, most of us are pretty happy to communicate. I do want to invite anyone to PM me if you have a question about if something is okay or not. It may take me a bit to get back to you, but I'll do my best.
Just know my PMs to Angie always get read first.

• Friendly

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'm sure we all have different opinions on what constitutes "good" moderation. All I can say is, the CF mods have a thankless task that they do for free, and honestly, even the cave is tame compared to some of the other sports and college and political themed websites out there.

Not sucking up. Just stating an opinion. :D

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

One issue with this is that the ability to PM a mod goes away when you get banned.