Positive *Informative* Covid News

Status
Not open for further replies.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
While US cases continue to decline, Europe is becoming a hot spot again. France and Spain's 7-day infection rate has passed the US and much else of Europe will soon pass the US. Hopefully US cases continue to nosedive.

View attachment 75372

I've been told Europe beat this thing. Sarcasm aside, it is disheartening to see. Particularly interested if Germany can continue to fend this off, or if it runs away there too. They've had a significant increase lately. Far more potential for second wave in countries that had a relatively light first wave.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and cygrads

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
I have empathy for others in our country when I see the spread of misinformation during a pandemic. The thread title was changed to include *informative*.

There are hundreds of great actual positive and informative posts in the thread you'll notice I am not challenging. Your anti-mask post and the unsourced claims of hydroxychloroquine cure-all do not remotely fit the thread title description of "news" or "informative".

Hey California, please post on the other dozen or so threads your kind dominates. Thanks.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I've been told Europe beat this thing. Sarcasm aside, it is disheartening to see. Particularly interested if Germany can continue to fend this off, or if it runs away there too. They've had a significant increase lately. Far more potential for second wave in countries that had a relatively light first wave.

France is booming right now...their 'cases' graphs look like the USA's about a month ago.

Like here though I'd imagine the deaths don't skyrocket like early on with more developments in knowledge, early diagnosis, treatment etc.

• Informative
Reactions: mj4cy

kcbob79clone

In the 'informative' vein of this thread, from the NY Post, Chinese virologist says she has proof Covid-19 was created in a lab, in Wuhan China. Says she will release the proof.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Stop looking at reported positive tests. I mean, look at France. I don't know how anyone can look at this and think positive test results are still a good measure for the severity of an outbreak.

1599876042578.png
1599876086349.png

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

Adults with positive SARS-CoV-2 test results were approximately twice as likely to have reported dining at a restaurant than were those with negative SARS-CoV-2 test results.

• Informative
Reactions: kcbob79clone

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
World O Meters was the source. Do deaths lag by almost 2 months? They'll have some deaths, but it's not going to be anywhere near like it was the first time around.
You know they lag so why do you want to argue about it? A number of their spikes seem to be august 20th, so that's kind of the spike I'm referencing.

Why do you plagiarize anyways? Do you steal other stuff too?

I think that's a great benefit of their lockdown, assuming the cases are not leading to deaths due to better treatments.

• Creative
Reactions: isutrevman

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
It's not a discussion if asking for sources and real info is not allowed.
So, that's either tolerating or accepting false info. That's a bad idea.

I agree with this completely. Posting something and claiming it is “interesting” to avoid outright talking about politics(but still get it in there) is disingenuous and transparent.

I am going to temporarily close this wet fart of a thread while we figure out what to do with it. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.