Pop's first game with the Storm

EHdakota

Jun 16, 2008
Sioux Falls
The Seattle Storm played an exhibition game yesterday.

Pop played 12:40 minutes and was 2 of 4 from the field and had 3 RB, 1 steal, 3 TO and a foul.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Thanks for sharing. Obviously a learning curve with the new team and higher level of competition. She is one determined young woman though!

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I have an aunt that does some stuff for the WNBA and gets to go to a lot of games and interact with players and coaches. She loves following our women's team and got to know Britney Wilkins when she was playing in the league. Asked her what she thinks Pop and Prins chances are of making the team, she thinks if Pop plays her game she has a lot better chance than Prins because there will always be room for someone that rebounds and plays hard like she does. Prins while tall she just doesn't have the speed and athleticism that she'd need to succeed in the league so she probably has an uphill battle to earn a roster spot.

I think that's been the biggest knock on the ISU players trying to make it in the WNBA is that while we have had some good shooters over the years, we don't usually have a lot of athleticism and speed that is needed to play at the next level. It's a lot more fast paced and physical than what the college game is.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
I

I think that's been the biggest knock on the ISU players trying to make it in the WNBA is that while we have had some good shooters over the years, we don't usually have a lot of athleticism and speed that is needed to play at the next level. It's a lot more fast paced and physical than what the college game is.
I've been to several WNBA games and the speed is unbelievable. While it's not as fast as men's game, if you see the game live, you'll be surprised at how physical it is: fast and tough. With the change that Storm is experiencing, there's a chance for Pop to make the team.

Help Support Us

Become a patron