Poor Hawksters - Schadenfreude

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I'm still making fun of you for losing to them.

Kinda like we are after seeing the parents at the B1G office protesting to let their little boys play football. Even funnier that the offices were closed when they did it. That there was funny!

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
by 1 to the #10 team in the country. It was frustrating but no shame in it.

sadly...what you should feel bad about is your ignorance. Sun Belt “owning” the Big 12? You can make excuses for your own team losing to a semi-decent northwestern squad, and yet K State losing to a Sun Belt team while being devastated by Covid and Iowa State losing to a Sun Belt team while playing the absolute worst they possibly could (not just one mistake like Iowa made v NW) seems to make sense in your alternate universe.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
sadly...what you should feel bad about is your ignorance. Sun Belt “owning” the Big 12? You can make excuses for your own team losing to a semi-decent northwestern squad, and yet K State losing to a Sun Belt team while being devastated by Covid and Iowa State losing to a Sun Belt team while playing the absolute worst they possibly could (not just one mistake like Iowa made v NW) seems to make sense in your alternate universe.
Yeah, it came out afterward that the team had had it's own issues in camp and several players had less than a handful of practices. But Campbell isn't one to make excuses so it never made the headlines or the national discussion.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I actually don't think there was much wrong with the BCS formula and kind of wish they would go back to that.
Yeah honestly it wasn’t that bad for the most part. Sometimes it would get a little wonky but overall not bad aside from only the top-2 making it. I think the committee has bias for sure toward certain teams but this year I thought overall they did a pretty decent job aside from a couple of teams.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Rank these teams in order from best to worst for this past season:

Illinois
Michigan St.
Minnesota
Nebraska
Oregon
Penn St.
Purdue
Wisconsin
I wasn't trying to be funny or snarky. I was just curious how people (especially Hawk fans) would rank those teams since they were stating that Oregon was so crappy. I would go best to worst.

Oregon - Wisconsin - Penn St. - Minnesota - Michigan St. - Nebraska - Purdue - Illinois

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
That's not 100% untrue. However after 2021 we are required to be back to 85. Therefore any loss caused by players getting an extra year will be mainly in the coming year. So far we've only seen guys move on that are looking for more playing time or aren't likely to get it here. What they are leaving out is every school in college football has this same opportunity so it may not be greener elsewhere.

Looking at the seniors returning we have 4 players and a kicker. (Joking, sort of)

PK- Assalley, we've had a transfer and a comitt come in to compete.

TE- Allen, losing one of our big three opens up snaps for others and allows Moore a redshirt option.

LT- Foster, This is probably where the statement could be true in the future. However, what it really appears to be doing is give the guys younger than Treiber and Ramos another year in the system before an open competition in 2022.

FS- Eisworth, losing White at SS allows our most ready guy in the wings to step into a starting role. So I doubt Eisworth returning would do anything more than push guys that are likely to get passed by a younger player to move on.

And remember this quite possibly convinced some guys to move on which opened a scholarship for Rory Walling.

Yeah, I don't see the pipeline as being crazy full at the top. It's a couple of spots. And bolstered a little by guys like Kolar, Rose, Purdy that could have went pro. ISU was always going to be Senior heavy next fall. And they were likely to take a step back in 2022. The thing is, instead of starting RSFR or RS Sophs to replace Purdy, Kolar, Allen, Uwazarike, Eisworth in 2021, you're starting RS Sophs or RS JRs to replace them in 2022. I guess we'll see if we have guys that leave for the portal this spring, but a good portion of them will be in a rotation and see plenty of time. DL, LB, TE will all have a rotation. It's the staff's job to get the younger players ready to play and keep the starters fresh for what will be a long season.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Yeah, I don't see the pipeline as being crazy full at the top. It's a couple of spots. And bolstered a little by guys like Kolar, Rose, Purdy that could have went pro. ISU was always going to be Senior heavy next fall. And they were likely to take a step back in 2022. The thing is, instead of starting RSFR or RS Sophs to replace Purdy, Kolar, Allen, Uwazarike, Eisworth in 2021, you're starting RS Sophs or RS JRs to replace them in 2022. I guess we'll see if we have guys that leave for the portal this spring, but a good portion of them will be in a rotation and see plenty of time. DL, LB, TE will all have a rotation. It's the staff's job to get the younger players ready to play and keep the starters fresh for what will be a long season.
I know it doesn't fit the style of play, but it would be nice to have a few ISU blowouts so they can put guys who don't regularly play out there and keep them hungry and a little bit happy.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
We have lost 5 in row to Iowa yet talk crap to them. We are their little b&tch until we can prove we can beat them
Well they were scared to play us this year. Them and their bloated pansy conference

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think this proves that we should all take the polls this year with a huge grain of salt.
You just ticked off Kirk. He is getting you banned from Iowa city so you don’t cost him 175k that he gets for being ranked 15th in the coaches poll. That same poll that has Iowa being ranked 4th by one poster, wonder who that is.

• Haha

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
At least you are the first person on here that admitted that playing a crappy Oregon team in a NY6 bowl was disappointing. That isn't any fault of ISU, it is just what happens in a COVID year.

ISU and Alabama both got screwed with sub standard teams from sub standard conferences.

• Agree

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron