traipsing thru the treetops

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
This is gold. Calling out the ******** ters.

Last edited by a moderator:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Guys at the Ames Trib really coming out like crybabies, too. Long piece by Hines that includes how "despite protests" by the Tribune, they weren't allowed in the building. They even called the Big 12 to complain about it. Give me a break.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Guys at the Ames Trib really coming out like crybabies, too. Long piece by Hines that includes how "despite protests" by the Tribune, they weren't allowed in the building. They even called the Big 12 to complain about it. Give me a break.

and it was all for what, 10 minutes of a game?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
and it was all for what, 10 minutes of a game?

Yup. The only one of Peterson, Brown, LaGesse and Hines that I've EVER seen at an ISU volleyball match is Hines -- and that's a rare occurrence.

John Naughton is the Register's volleyball guy, but he only shows up for in-state matches or if a highly-ranked opponent is in town.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Only slightly defending the sports reporters on this particular topic... I can't imagine that there are too many protests that actually succeed. Given this is a resumption of a protested game, it would probably garner a little more interest from their audience for that particular game. It may be enough of a hook for them to want to cover.

I guess I don't understand why media wasn't allowed to be in there if they wanted to. It's not like they cheer or anything.

Now, that's not to say that RPete and Brown aren't acting like asshats on the twittertubes...

Cyfan1843

Jun 30, 2009
Ames
I sit in front of Leath He was there with his son, and JP came and sat by him most of the match as well. RP didn't make it, must have went to church :)

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

The Trib covers ISU VB pretty well, so they have a right to complain. Not sure I have ever seen a VB article in the Register.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't think the central Iowa media has it out for us but just about every single one is a huge baby. The only one I can stand even part of the time is Hines. La Gesse is a cry baby and Peterson just doesn't seem to know anything and is a crybaby on top of that. I'm really disappointed, in general in the sports knowledge of the guys who cover ISU.

Pollard is exactly right. None of those guys ever care about those sports until there's some pity party to be had. I love that JP just game it to them straight. I knwo some don't like his emotional interactions but I think it's great for ISU in particular.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Peterson is senile.

LaGesse has a massive ego for someone heading up that giant operation at the Ames Tribune. He's an ***.

Hines is clearly the cream of the crop.

These guys live in a bubble where their sense of importance is completely out of whack.

Rick Brown is a Hawkeye's Hawkeye. If you pay attention to his tweets, he clearly hates Iowa State and Jamie Pollard. He never fails to sneak in a snide comment when we lose. And he's constantly cheerleading for the Hawkeyes. A real pro.

Jamie Pollard is a great Cyclone.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
I don't think the central Iowa media has it out for us but just about every single one is a huge baby. The only one I can stand even part of the time is Hines. La Gesse is a cry baby and Peterson just doesn't seem to know anything and is a crybaby on top of that. I'm really disappointed, in general in the sports knowledge of the guys who cover ISU.

Pollard is exactly right. None of those guys ever care about those sports until there's some pity party to be had. I love that JP just game it to them straight. I knwo some don't like his emotional interactions but I think it's great for ISU in particular.

Keith Murphy is thin-skinned and a cry-baby too. Got so sick of him with that Rhoads-Lazard media thing to start the season.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Keith Murphy is thin-skinned and a cry-baby too. Got so sick of him with that Rhoads-Lazard media thing to start the season.

Central Iowa media are particularly bad about playing up any story that involves themselves (like the Rhoads-Lazard thing). They think that their readers/listeners care about it a lot more than we actually do.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
If they wanted to write about the replay, you think the story would be more about the "why" and such, not actually reporting on the match (interview with Big 12 official, coaches, etc). Sounds like they are just being cry babies.

I agree with others, Hines seems to be very knowledgable and does a good job. CFH seems to like him, too.

I imagine local media is tricky relationship...want coverage so we let them in, but also may not ask the tough questions to not **** off ISU and get credentials yanked.

We won the match, which is awesome.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Central Iowa media are particularly bad about playing up any story that involves themselves (like the Rhoads-Lazard thing). They think that their readers/listeners care about it a lot more than we actually do.

oh yes, I forgot about the media and Lazard. Particulary fun when murph pitched a fit when people complained about the Sears inteview.

I like murphy but he is very thin skinned.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The Trib covers ISU VB pretty well, so they have a right to complain. Not sure I have ever seen a VB article in the Register.

After all of the huffing and puffing earlier today, nobody showed up to tonight's match. The Register has nothing. The Trib ran a five-sentence "recap" gleaned from the boxscore -- and couldn't even get Morgan Kuhrt's name right ("Tory Kurt").

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron