Pollard has now hired 2 National Championship caliber coaches

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
I don't think you addressed the point made in dbqhawk's post. Gene Chizik could win 20 more National Championships, it still wouldn't make him a good hire for Iowa State. He won 5 games in 2 years here. He lost to the likes of UNI, Toledo, Kent State and UNLV. He was a bad coach for Iowa State. His 2 years here hurt the program.

Hiring Cael was good, but imo, wasn't some monumental feat. He wrestled here, he was already employed here, and we are a traditional power in his sport.

I am not a "Pollard-hater" as I'm sure some would label me after reading this post, but patting him on the back for hiring and then losing two coaches who went on to win championships at other schools makes very little sense to me. Talk to me when one of his hires wins a National Championship at ISU.

I'll chalk this up to the length of this thread (and the fact you probably haven't read it all…understandable, given the length), but I have addressed this….more than once which includes acknowledging valid questions on was he right for ISU (regardless of what the coach did after ISU).