Pollard: Fans don't appreciate the FB coaching staff

bootcy

Apr 12, 2006
Waukee
although he expects to find 135 mil to upgrade the stadium, we can't even fill our current capacity (except for IA and NEB).

Where have you been? Over 50,000 tickets have been sold for the UNI game, which exceeds capacity and last I checked, UNI isn't Iowa or Nebraska.

alzzzzzzzz

Sep 18, 2006
Where have you been? Over 50,000 tickets have been sold for the UNI game, which exceeds capacity and last I checked, UNI isn't Iowa or Nebraska.

That in itself is a contradiction. If you oversell your capacity, you should change your capacity.

I'm looking for sold-out.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
That in itself is a contradiction. If you oversell your capacity, you should change your capacity.

*rolling eyes*

The hillside is not factored into the capacity of Jack Trice Stadium.

Either way, the game is pretty much sold out. So your previous statement is not complertely true.

alzzzzzzzz

Sep 18, 2006
*rolling eyes*

The hillside is not factored into the capacity of Jack Trice Stadium.

Either way, the game is pretty much sold out. So your previous statement is not complertely true.

I agree, I was incorrect. Although as it's an Iowa school, it doesn't "really" count. My meaning was more to the point of filling the stands with ISU fans.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
ISU will never have the money and facilities of those bigger programs. We have one of the smallest fan bases in the big 12. We live in the tiny state of Iowa. Compare that to the other states with much larger metropolitan areas as well as a lack of in-state competition. Nebraska, Colorado, and Missouri all have larger metro areas and are the only BCS school in their states. The other big 12 teams have HUGE populations compared to Iowa. This is why we will never have a 70,000 fan stadium, and our facilities will never be above average compared to the rest of the conference, and why we will always be near the bottom of the conference in athletic budget.

In order to compete financially and numerically with other big 12 schools, the ISU fan base would have to be at least twice the fan that other schools have. If Oklahoma has 10% of its fan base attend games, we need 20% of ours. If Nebraska has 20% of its fanbase donate money, we need 40% of ours. ISU has a steeper hill to climb.

bootcy

Apr 12, 2006
Waukee
The seats are sold out. In ISU's case this is not a contradiction due to the hill-side seating, which can't be over sold since it is standing room only. I'm starting to wonder if you've ever been to a game if you don't realize that the way the Jack is set up that this can happen, considering ISU actually had 99% of seating capacity for last season.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines

So, how many rear-ends do the hillsides seat, exactly? Do you know? The AD probably doesn't know, which is why the official capacity is set at the number of seats installed into the stands, and not an arbitrary number of how many butts they can put onto the hillsides.

Any situation where the stands are sold out is a sold out game. In fact, you probably won't be satisfied until the hillside seating is covered by stands so you can have your official "sold out" status.

alzzzzzzzz

Sep 18, 2006
The seats are sold out. In ISU's case this is not a contradiction due to the hill-side seating, which can't be over sold since it is standing room only. I'm starting to wonder if you've ever been to a game if you don't realize that the way the Jack is set up that this can happen, considering ISU actually had 99% of seating capacity for last season.

Yes, I am a season ticket holder. Common sense says that you still have a capacity decided by the administration and the fire marshal. How many hillside tickets do they sell, before they are sold out? Add that number to the 'real' seats and there's your capacity!!!!

bootcy

Apr 12, 2006
Waukee
There is not a number established for hillside seats available. They are available as long as people are buying them, as it is standing room only. No number is calculated for the amount of standing room, therefore, official capacity is the number of actual seats, resulting in a sell-out. I would agree with you if hill-side tickets were being counted without the actual seats being filled, but as long as the actual seats are being filled, which is the case here, we have a sell-out.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Anyone recall the 2003 season and the UNI game? I thought there were quite a few empty seats that night.

And here we are a few years later...the game is "sold out".

That's progress, whether some of you want to admit it or not.

darts180

Apr 12, 2006
Anyone recall the 2003 season and the UNI game? I thought there were quite a few empty seats that night.

Yes ISU, it is progress, however, UNI played in the national championship game last year, and there will be a STRONG UNI contingent on hand. So please ISU, lets not look for ANY reason, no matter how flimsy, we can find to defend MAC.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Yes ISU, it is progress, however, UNI played in the national championship game last year, and there will be a STRONG UNI contingent on hand. So please ISU, lets not look for ANY reason, no matter how flimsy, we can find to defend MAC.

There was a strong contingent of UNI fans there every time ISU has hosted UNI.

So what's your point?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I will love making the trip to Shreveport again because, with their payoff, the Big 12 has to make up the difference for the band to attend. That comes right out of Reds pockets.

Actually we better win 6 out of next 8 to avoid Shreveport.

However, if Nebraska wins the North, they will have the pleasure of losing twice to Texas.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
the Big 12 has to make up the difference for the band to attend. That comes right out of Reds pockets.

That is almost worth it to go to Shreveport. :yes4lo:

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

Let's just look at last year to this year in season ticket sales. I don't remember the exact number but I think it was around 27,000? Now we are over 30,000. A 10% increase over 1 year is pretty significant.

And darts, we aren't even talking about Mac here and you find yet another way to inject him into the conversation.

Do you have a man-crush we need to address?

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
I think Jamie should put up a billboard in Missouri.

I wish somtimes Jamie would just shut the hell up.

You are in the minority with that crap! You are either a pathetic BVD fan or just some idiot who isn't happy with anything and just likes to get Iowa State fans stirred up!

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
I say this will be an 8-4 season this year.
I say next year will be a 9-3 season.
Then we start getting the money we need, the facilities get built or undergo construction.
Pollard fires Mcarney for a disappointing 2-10 season in year 2008.
Pollard hires someone better than mediocre.
Pollard accepts a job elsewhere.
Iowa State, with the new facilities, brings back the mediocre era.

The advantage of having Pollard in the dept:
- new facilities
- firing of MCarney
- maybe more television coverage in future, the keyword is "maybe"

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I say this will be an 8-4 season this year.
I say next year will be a 9-3 season.
Then we start getting the money we need, the facilities get built or undergo construction.
Pollard fires Mcarney for a disappointing 2-10 season in year 2008.
Pollard hires someone better than mediocre.
Pollard accepts a job elsewhere.
Iowa State, with the new facilities, brings back the mediocre era.

The advantage of having Pollard in the dept:
- new facilities
- firing of MCarney
- maybe more television coverage in future, the keyword is "maybe"

Can I buy one of your crystal balls??

Seriously, those are some ballsy predictions.

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
Just admit it - we are more of a basketball school than football. We can expect Pollard or MCarney to bring in the money or facilities, but we will never get the recruits Texas or Iowa gets. Iowa State, unless we can be consistent with winning records, WHICH WE WILL NEVER BE UNDER MCARNEY, we won't get much accomplished. Big time coaches and recruits would always choose colleges with winning tradition.

With Pollard's accomplishments we will get MCarney out and maybe build more facilties. That's a start to build a momentum. It doesn't mean we can expect big things happen right away - but they will.

I am sorry, but Jamie Pollard and Dan MCarney just don't go hand in hand. Our basketball program will be much more ahead of our football program with Greg M. Iowa State is known for basketball and will stay that way.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron