Pollard Calls Out Big 12 Officials

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I'm beginning to wonder if the Big12 wanted to expand to 12 teams but required an unanimous vote of all members. If we voted no on that, I can see the rest of the Big12 going nuts on us.

That wouldn't have been something that Rhoads would have been involved in though. That'd be decided by the school presidents.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
I'm beginning to wonder if the Big12 wanted to expand to 12 teams but required an unanimous vote of all members. If we voted no on that, I can see the rest of the Big12 going nuts on us.
ISU wouldn't be the only team to vote NO on that. Every school in the conference would get less money per year unless we landed an uber-elite school.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Or they will give him whatever the standard badmouthing fine is and Pollard will just look like a frustrated guy that lost his composure in an interview and the whole thing will go away until the next "terrible call".
Hey look, the standard $25,000 badmouthing fine and a standard "this is unacceptable" statement from the Big 12 and a standard "I shouldn't have said that" response from Pollard. Shocker. Moving on...

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Hey look, the standard $25,000 badmouthing fine and a standard "this is unacceptable" statement from the Big 12 and a standard "I shouldn't have said that" response from Pollard. Shocker. Moving on...

Standard you *** hat? That's the greatest fine in league history.

You know, if Bill Self did the same thing, Bowlsby would suck Bill Self's off as an apology

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
Are you blind? Look at the second photo. The ball just has to cross the very front of the white line. It clearly did in that pic.

The tell tale sign is the helmet of the OSU player who is on the ground on the goal line directly underneath the ball carrier. If you draw a perpendicular line upward from the goal line as others previously in this thread have, you'll find that it's close...very close, but certainly not close enough to determine for sure, and certainly not close enough to overturn the call on the field. A tough call to make on the field, but a hard one to screw up in the booth because there wasn't enough of anything to overturn.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I'm not even arguing the ball didn't cross. It might have. We'll never have the perfect angle. But there's no way that that is indisputable evidence he scored.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
What did we expect? Bowlsby would come and say there has been an on going conspiracy against Iowa State and that we would be rewarded wins for the following games: blah blah blah ...?

Big 12 doesn't need to comment. The only way this will go anywhere is if a BIG TIME investigative journalists takes it up. Hopefully ESPN hates the Big 12 enough we can get Stewart Scott or someone big on this.

Actually, where's Obermann's email?!?!?!

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
What did we expect? Bowlsby would come and say there has been an on going conspiracy against Iowa State and that we would be rewarded wins for the following games: blah blah blah ...?

Big 12 doesn't need to comment. The only way this will go anywhere is if a BIG TIME investigative journalists takes it up. Hopefully ESPN hates the Big 12 enough we can get Stewart Scott or someone big on this.

I think that most expected the conference to say yes there was a mistake on that call, but Pollards comments are being punished because you can't do what he did.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

1. Stewart Scott has more important things going on in his life - like just trying to live to see tomorrow.

2. Olberman doesn't care unless it's Red Sox-Yankees or being a political whackjob.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Of course an ******* Jayhawk would come here and talk ****, but heaven forbid if it ever happens to them they will set the world on fire. Suck my TWO BALLS two crotch.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Standard you *** hat? That's the greatest fine in league history. You know, if Bill Self did the same thing, Bowlsby would suck Bill Self's off as an apology
I called the amount to the dollar. It matches exactly the amount Haden was fined at USC after he bad mouthed officials. And Bill Self is PR savvy enough not to go off the rails like that.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Of course an ******* Jayhawk would come here and talk ****, but heaven forbid if it ever happens to them they will set the world on fire. Suck my TWO BALLS two crotch.
Wow, it seems like the lack of self control filters from Pollard all the way down into some of the fan base. I have not talked any ****. I just put in my prediction of what I thought would happen just like everyone else. As Pollard's statement (and now your post) display, sometimes frustration gets the best of us and we get a little carried away.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
The tell tale sign is the helmet of the OSU player who is on the ground on the goal line directly underneath the ball carrier. If you draw a perpendicular line upward from the goal line as others previously in this thread have, you'll find that it's close...very close, but certainly not close enough to determine for sure, and certainly not close enough to overturn the call on the field. A tough call to make on the field, but a hard one to screw up in the booth because there wasn't enough of anything to overturn.
Why are you trying to determine what happened using a few hand picked photos? Photoshopping a few lines on a picture of a moment in the process and trying to draw some sort of reasonable conclusion from them is an exercise in futility. It's one paused millisecond of action in a multisecond process. It's like reading one page of a book and saying you know what happened.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Why are you trying to determine what happened using a few hand picked photos? Photoshopping a few lines on a picture of a moment in the process and trying to draw some sort of reasonable conclusion from them is an exercise in futility. It's one paused millisecond of action in a multisecond process. It's like reading one page of a book and saying you know what happened.

Are you saying the exact same thing as usedcarguy? Yeah, it's hard to find out the answer. That's why the call should have stood.

To be correct here, nobody needs to prove it wasn't a touchdown. The burden is on the replay official to find indisputable evidence that it was a TD. I think that evidence does not exist.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX

Since you don't like the stills, here is some video. What do you think of this one?

attachment.php

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014

Better question... why are you here?

Help Support Us

Become a patron