Pollard addressing wrestling team...got me thinking...

19Cy78

Mar 31, 2006
1st Congrats to Coach KJ!

Looking at Cyler and the team sitting at attention for JP (gotta love wrestlers) just thinking about what these kids have gone through and from the local news outlets seem to be excited about the KJ hire.

But I wonder how JP addressed "we've got a coach that wants to be here or a coach that is going to take you to another level/championship caliber" type of thing, especially with Cyler sitting right in front of him?

JP has never danced always shot straight but that had to be a tough we've found the best coach for you and this university when you've got the poor kid left behind. I hope Cyler stays and wins not only a individual title but a team title with ISU!

My final thought with a name like CYler he was born to be a "CYclone":wink:

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com

Looking at Cyler and the team sitting at attention for JP (gotta love wrestlers) just thinking about what these kids have gone through and from the local news outlets seem to be excited about the KJ hire.

But I wonder how JP addressed "we've got a coach that wants to be here or a coach that is going to take you to another level/championship caliber" type of thing, especially with Cyler sitting right in front of him?

JP has never danced always shot straight but that had to be a tough we've found the best coach for you and this university when you've got the poor kid left behind. I hope Cyler stays and wins not only a individual title but a team title with ISU!

I'd be a fan of Cyler staying

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

Maybe he said neither. Maybe it was something like:
"Since Cael felt he had another opportunity he had to take, I am announcing to you today that I have selected the best possible man to lead and to coach you to develop further what you have already built here. A coach who is recognized around the wrestling world and someone whom many of you have urged me to consider carefully.
And finally, a coach who will convince you in the days, the weeks and the months ahead that the best choice you ever made was to be become an Iowa State Cyclone - his name is Kevin Jackson."

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008

Who knows what he said.....Wonder what he thought??

Maybe.....jeez, let's hope THIS hire stays longer than a couple seasons.......:jimlad:

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
please don't let JP talk to the team. They will all quit also.

Yeah, just like all of the football players that he went and visited in the dorms and apartments. Did they all quit?

Ya know, some people just can't keep from bashing Pollard, no matter what he does. I just don't get it. Grow up!

Reactions: zach