Pollard: AD version of a stud running back?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
He swoops in as a somewhat unknown guy, yet wants the ball right away and isn’t afraid to make noise.

He delights you with his charm, amazes you with his footwork and surprises you with his speed.

With the ability to read defenses, he slices them apart like a hot knife through butter. And just when you think you’ve got him figured out – when you think he’s going left – he goes right and amazes you yet again.

But even then, he’s not done. After dismantling you for hundreds of yards, jock straps laying about the field – and seemingly going for another long run.

He pulls up and throws a pass atop your defense, way downfield for a score. Leaving you speechless, breathless and in complete awe of what this man has done in such a short time.

Aug 21, 2006
Des Moines
He swoops in as a somewhat unknown guy, yet wants the ball right away and isn’t afraid to make noise.

He delights you with his charm, amazes you with his footwork and surprises you with his speed.

With the ability to read defenses, he slices them apart like a hot knife through butter. And just when you think you’ve got him figured out – when you think he’s going left – he goes right and amazes you yet again.

But even then, he’s not done. After dismantling you for hundreds of yards, jock straps laying about the field – and seemingly going for another long run.

He pulls up and throws a pass atop your defense, way downfield for a score. Leaving you speechless, breathless and in complete awe of what this man has done in such a short time.

True dat. Good '****. It appears he's got the ability to ignore others in the name of his beliefs. It's rare to find somebody that isn't too close to the situation, but instead able to step back and look at things in the big picture.

He could've easily been sucked in by politics and detractors of Chizik who said he wouldn't wanna come here, but he didn't care. He hunted down his man, stuck to his guns, and he bagged us a big one. Mad kudos to JP!

jose

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
He reminds me a little bit of mike taylor the last couple games. JP is throwing up some shots that has some fans saying no no no (lot of people didnt agree with dumping mac) but in the end is hitting nothing but the bottom of the net. GREAT hire JP!

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale

I am like a little kid at Christmas. JP is the MAN.

minnclone99

Nov 22, 2006
Rompots
Our concern right now should be keeping Jamie Pollard in Ames. He just made a REALLY BIG name for himself.

Agree, but he still has a lot of work to do. If he can get the Hilton and JTS additions done, then he will be history. These are pretty big projects, and the coaching changes certainly will help.

This shows the broad range of work and AD gets to do. Looks like a fun job if you ask me.

larry

Apr 11, 2006
iowa city
And to think it was just a few hours ago that many posters(and I don't remember any names) were ready to run JP out of town for the choices he had apparently made....

ketchupnmustard

Oct 28, 2006
JP has done more in 1 year than BVdV will probably do in his entire career.

Hiring JP was the best thing ISU has ever done.

Would I follow the guy into the sun? No, but I'd sure donate a few extra $$$ to the program.

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
I am like a little kid at Christmas. JP is the MAN.

No kidding Urb, what are we going to argue on with this guy? I was on the other side with Harbaugh and have argued with many on Kelly, but seriously I am thinking Christmas type excitement from when I was like 8 is the only comparison that works with this hire. I think that all Clones will be on board with this one.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
No kidding Urb, what are we going to argue on with this guy? I was on the other side with Harbaugh and have argued with many on Kelly, but seriously I am thinking Christmas type excitement from when I was like 8 is the only comparison that works with this hire. I think that all Clones will be on board with this one.

ST8T, the arguing might just be done for a long time. I don't know about anyone else, but I am willing to give this guy 4-5 years to see what he can do. I am thrilled with this hire. JP could not have made a better choice. His resume speaks for itself.

jkoo

Apr 21, 2006
Our concern right now should be keeping Jamie Pollard in Ames. He just made a REALLY BIG name for himself.

couldnt agree more. It all comes down to what happens down in Miami. if alvarez goes, its gonna be insanely tough to keep JP from Wisconsin, especially since he has done wonders here. Hopefully he will stay because this was all his vision, but that still might not be enough.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
When I was in Colorado, I said to President Geoffrey...

"Don't ever, ever let this man go. We love him!"

I didn't know my man-crush on Pollard could be taken to new heights. But today, it has.

Aug 21, 2006
Des Moines
I don't think JP's going anywhere. He seems to have made it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that ISU is his baby and he'll do whatever it takes to create excitement and start a new tradition of excellence.

dccyclone25

Oct 29, 2006
Ames
He reminds me a little bit of mike taylor the last couple games. JP is throwing up some shots that has some fans saying no no no (lot of people didnt agree with dumping mac) but in the end is hitting nothing but the bottom of the net. GREAT hire JP!

We all said the same thing with Stinson, too. But then those shots started to not always fall, and then he pretty much single-handedly took us out of games with his bad decisions.