POLL: Should the Big 12 get rid of Baylor?

Based off of the latest Baylor report, what should the Big 12 do?

• Kick them out of the league. Enough is enough.

Votes: 239 64.2%
  • Still need to way for the legal process.

Votes: 87 23.4%
  • Stick with them.

Votes: 46 12.4%

• Total voters

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
What if the KU basketball dorm scandal has players charged with sexual crimes? Do they get kicked out?

Suppose the Bubu Palo scandal had any merit - does ISU get kicked out too?

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/hig...hows-many-experience-report-sexual-assault-ut
Ummm, you took this way too far..... Baylor covered up multiple accounts over multiple years.... the situations you just referred to were single accounts and the individuals through the process will be treated or have been treated according.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Baylor’s likely death penalty will happen by being left out in a P5 to P4 transition. They won’t have fellow B12 members lobbying for their inclusion in another conference and they won’t have the in-state political clout this time around due to their issues and private school standing. This is more likely IMO than the B12 kicking them out or the NCAA levying significant sanctions.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/article151324857.html

It can be done but doubt our esteemed leadership will do anything. It would be completely out of character for them to do anything beyond meet and talk, then have Boren pontificate.

... the Big 12 has the option to kick Baylor out of the conference based on the league’s bylaws. Specifically, Section 1.3.2 regards “institutional control.” It states: “Each Member accepts the primary responsibility for the administration of rules and regulations, for investigating known or alleged violations at that institution, and for taking prompt and effective corrective actions where violations have occurred.”

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
Baylor certainly is not helping an already hurting Big 12 reputation. I say let them go.

I always felt there were 3 solid expansion schools for the Big 12 geographically. If we remove Baylor, we could get back to 12 with Houston, BYU, and Cincy. All three have shown signs of hope in football with BYU and Cincy being good at basketball. I don't mind the addition of another Texas school if we are removing one first. Perhaps the 9 team conference could agree on these 3.

I won't hold my breath on any punishment coming to Baylor... at least from the Big 12.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Pretty sure that Cinncy is "on-call" for a vacant Baylor spot.

Since thats the team Okie wanted it would smooth them over a bit. Texas will just love the expanded footprint and no new Texas school.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Pretty sure that Cinncy is "on-call" for a vacant Baylor spot.

Since thats the team Okie wanted it would smooth them over a bit. Texas will just love the expanded footprint and no new Texas school.

Please let this happen.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'd rather they stay and go back down to the 90s Baylor and be an easy win for us.

Half kidding....

First and foremost I hope the violence/assault stops on their campus and that the victims can resume a normal/safe life as much as possible.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
No, I don't think it really has an effect on our image. I think the big 12 needs to punish them (at minimum)/kick them out because otherwise you're condoning their behavior

This is where I am too. It's not the image. It's that ISU's AD is not a criminal organization and Baylor athletics is. They should start a conference for ADs that condone murder and rape.

Why should ISU have to compete against a school that operates in a completely lawless and immoral manner when we do not?

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
How would kicking them out affect the GOR? Could OU use it as an out?
IIRC it takes 8 schools to abolish the GOR and migrate to other conferences. The odds are higher IMO of abolishing the GOR than voting to kick out BU and actually replacing them.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
The more I think about it, the more I think it would be appropriate to penalize their football program alone, but harshly. Shut it down for two years. At some point, there has to be an agreed upon line that clearly shows that people are more important than these programs.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
What if the KU basketball dorm scandal has players charged with sexual crimes? Do they get kicked out?

Suppose the Bubu Palo scandal had any merit - does ISU get kicked out too?

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/hig...hows-many-experience-report-sexual-assault-ut

LOL wut? Baylor football players committed more than 50 rapes in four years. That's lack of institutional control and grounds for dismissal.

Kick 'em out, split their share (if we can), and add a non con to the schedule. We get the option to pad our schedule with a cupcake and UT/OU get the option to add a marquee non con matchup to improve their SOS.

EVERYONE WINS AND RAPELOR IS CRUSHED.

You're welcome America.

Last edited: