Poll: Most disliked Big 8/12 men's basketball coach.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Which Big 12/Big 8 basketball coach did you dislike the most

• Norm Stewart

Votes: 53 15.1%
  • Bill Self

Votes: 106 30.3%
  • Eddie Sutton

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • Bob Huggins

Votes: 13 3.7%
  • Billy Tubbs

Votes: 32 9.1%
  • Larry Brown

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • Roy Williams

Votes: 125 35.7%
  • Other (please mention in the thread)

Votes: 8 2.3%

• Total voters

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Once Roy’s punks who were on the bench stood on the court during live ball and flipped off our student section and Roy just laughed it up with them. Seeing that up close cemented what a phony he is.

It was hilarious how big a deal it was when Ejim flipped off a racist BYU fan…with Roy that was just the norm for no good reason and nobody cared.

I’ve never had an issue with Self. My issue is the officials might as well be wearing KU jerseys and that’s not on him, rather the conference allows it in the face of mountains of glaring evidence.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
I chose Roy Williams (AKA Tim Conway or Droopy from Deputy Dog), He took over for cheating Larry Brown and Self just kept up the cheating legacy. Paying players is one thing but having them take fake classes is another level.

1652641680683.png

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The KU guys are too easy so went with a classic of Norm Stewart although thatmay be because it was such a pain when ISU played them.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Roy Williams. Not a great coach, but somehow landed at two blue bloods so people think he’s a good coach. A ******* cheating scum and an all around ass hole. Bill Self will at least compliment and give credit to other teams and always seems to have good things to say about ISU. Norm retired right around the time I started watching college sports so can’t choose him, but I know my dad would choose him without a second thought.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
I also wanted to give a 1/2 vote to Bruce Weber. He drove me nuts as the 6th man on the court for KSU. He seriously spent nearly as many minutes on the actual court while the ball was in play as the players who were playing.

Reactions: NWICY

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
You were probably all born before those giant satellite dishes that you punched numbers into in order to get programming...yes, almost before electricity...almost before Marconi...

At any rate, in the day, we could watch ISU games on non-network live feeds, and, one evening, we were treated to open-mike comments before sign-off by the Quinnster after ISU beat them at Mizzou (pretty sure of it, but don't remember the year). Snyder referred to his team as, and I kid you not as "...a buncha painted whores".

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Bill Self, just a few reasons:

1). Rumors he had cheated on his wife with a Kansas coed
2). His constant, nonstop pacifier whining to officials (even at home when the foul shots are way in KU's favor almost every single game)
3). The Adidas scandal, been caught redhanded paying players, D'Souza or whomever even admitting as much after the flamed out. Zero repercussions from ncaa

I didn't mind roy Williams outside of him recruiting Kirk Heinrich away from us.

I hated Roy Williams, but I at least respected him. There's nothing I respect about Bill Self.