Poll: Have you been tested for COVID-19?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Have you tested for COVID?

• Yes, and was positive

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Yes, and was negative

Votes: 122 31.1%
  • No I have not tested

Votes: 249 63.5%
  • No, but plan to soon

Votes: 13 3.3%

• Total voters

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I love doing polls and seeing where the CF community sits in different situations. How many here have tested? Were you positive? Negative? Are you encouraging people to test?

Reactions: Triggermv

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I developed some kind of cold/sinus infection a little over 2 weeks ago so I went to a local free National Guard testing site, stood in the Texas sun for about an hour and 20 minutes, another 30 minutes inside, and then got tested. Saliva sample. Results 2 days later were negative.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I developed some kind of cold/sinus infection a little over 2 weeks ago so I went to a local free National Guard testing site, stood in the Texas sun for about an hour and 20 minutes, another 30 minutes inside, and then got tested. Saliva sample. Results 2 days later were negative.
I don’t think any of the test Iowa sites here are offering the saliva tests.

BDAL23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2019
I got tested weekly for work. For 9 weeks I tested negative. On June 16 I tested positive. I had no symptoms when I tested positive. A day later I was very fatigued and my legs/hips ached. It was like I decided to start running 10 miles a day. 3 days after my test I lost all sense of smell and taste. Taste came back slowly over a few days. My sense of smell is still diminished.
At no time did I have any cold/flu like symptoms. My blood O2 levels did drop for about 3 days. It stayed as low as 92% for a couple days and then was back to normal.
I am still fighting the fatigue. I get tired very easily. I take Vitamin D to reduce the time for the fatigue to go away. My doctor said it’s not uncommon to experience fatigue for 2-4 weeks after symptoms. I’m at about 3 weeks now and feeling great except I need a couple naps.
At least in Arizona they are seeing less fevers and more people complaining of muscle pain, headaches, and extreme fatigue. Loss of taste and smell too.
For this poll I have no idea how to vote.
I have 9 negative tests and 1 positive.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I've heard if you donate blood they do antibody testing. Is there any truth to that?

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I got tested weekly for work. For 9 weeks I tested negative. On June 16 I tested positive. I had no symptoms when I tested positive. A day later I was very fatigued and my legs/hips ached. It was like I decided to start running 10 miles a day. 3 days after my test I lost all sense of smell and taste. Taste came back slowly over a few days. My sense of smell is still diminished.
At no time did I have any cold/flu like symptoms. My blood O2 levels did drop for about 3 days. It stayed as low as 92% for a couple days and then was back to normal.
I am still fighting the fatigue. I get tired very easily. I take Vitamin D to reduce the time for the fatigue to go away. My doctor said it’s not uncommon to experience fatigue for 2-4 weeks after symptoms. I’m at about 3 weeks now and feeling great except I need a couple naps.
At least in Arizona they are seeing less fevers and more people complaining of muscle pain, headaches, and extreme fatigue. Loss of taste and smell too.
For this poll I have no idea how to vote.
I have 9 negative tests and 1 positive.
I tested last month and was negative. I have a watch that reads my O2 levels and didn't realize that is considered low. May need to get tested again:eek:

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
tested Monday, with the nasal swab at UIHC. didn't think it hurt much really, more just a discomfort for a few seconds (my dad said the same thing, but he got tested in Boone). got the result over MyChart after ~6 hours.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
So it wasn't just the person I had do it. Thought I just got the most sadistic health care worker in the country. I swear he hit my brain.

I had to have both nostrils. I was crying when it was all done. Honestly, was a little pissed it was negative, I dont want to take that test again.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I was tested a few months ago now because my wife was presenting with nearly every symptom of COVID except for the fever, and stayed at the hospital for nearly a week as they tried to figure out what was going on with her. For several days the doctors thought she may have had a mutated strain that wasn’t showing up on tests. In the end it ended up being several different things not related to COVID that were making her present as if she did have it. I got myself tested to be sure, but ended up being negative. But that wasn’t much of a surprise - I haven’t left my house much since all this started, and not at all for nearly two months until my wife got sick.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Got tested during lunch this last Monday at the Dallas County test Iowa site. It was a slight discomfort, especially in the back of the throat. I was fine after taking a drink and chewing some gum. Got the negative results 36 hours later.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
if they developed a saliva test i would take it. i figure i better be really sick to go get a brain poke for something that doesn't affect treatment wither way. i vomit during normal throat swabs and i've passed out during blood draws so my body is not designed not poking and prodding. one time i was getting a vein ultrasound done for my varicose veins (you have to hold you breathe and bear down) and passed out right on the tile floor. i woke up and they gave me some crackers and a kid's orange drink. i'm almost 40.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Both nostrils and maybe those that say it hurt have ban sinus canals? I dunno, mine was just a sit still weird discomfort but not as bad as I assumed it would be.

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
I tested last month and was negative. I have a watch that reads my O2 levels and didn't realize that is considered low. May need to get tested again:eek:
Same. I don't think my garmin has ever shown me above 94% and my baseline is usually 90-92%.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
My daughter's test they didn't stick it way up in her nose instead they just went in a little ways. It was done at a Dr office and not Test Iowa so maybe that makes a difference.