PODCAST: The Big 12 with Dave Wannstedt

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I'm laughing at my desk listening to Wannstadt claiming he knows who Matt Campbell is. I remember last year watching the Fox Sports Halftime coverage of him and Brady Quinn trying to say anything about ISU (both positive or negative). As they were heading to break Wannstadt mentioned something about how "Paul Rhoads will have these kids playing better in the second half" and the host said "well he's actually at Arkansas now" and everyone on the panel lost it, because they all knew they didn't know a damn thing about ISU.

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm laughing at my desk listening to Wannstadt claiming he knows who Matt Campbell is. I'll never forget watching the Fox Sports Halftime coverage of him and Brady Quinn trying to say anything about ISU (both positive or negative). As they were heading to break Wannstadt mentioned something about how "Paul Rhoads will have these kids playing better in the second half" and the host said "well he's actually at Arkansas now" and everyone on the panel lost it, because they all knew they didn't know a damn thing about ISU.

Wannatadt obviously knew rhoads wasn't the coach any more. He just misspoke.

sredman1985

Oct 23, 2006
On the home page you said that Wannstedt was the head coach of the Cowboys at one time. I'm pretty sure he was only an assistant there.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC