PODCAST: 8-28-14 CF Radio Show

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Not even, they'd be a lot like us, only in the sunbelt conference. Occasional upset, other than that, well below average.

Had they ever been able to move past their low level, they may not even have football now. At best, if you hypothetically put them in the Big 8 at the beginning, years of winless seasons and opponents having to travel to ND to play essentially a junior college would have relegated them to the FCS or below decades ago. The years of futility would result in even less local support than they have now and leave them battling Indiana State for the cellar, at best. At least UND has hockey. I have nothing against the Bison, but fundamentally NDSU is third or fourth-class in every aspect of its existence.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Had they ever been able to move past their low level, they may not even have football now. At best, if you hypothetically put them in the Big 8 at the beginning, years of winless seasons and opponents having to travel to ND to play essentially a junior college would have relegated them to the FCS or below decades ago. The years of futility would result in even less local support than they have now and leave them battling Indiana State for the cellar, at best. At least UND has hockey. I have nothing against the Bison, but fundamentally NDSU is third or fourth-class in every aspect of its existence.

Don't bring facts into this! They're 7-3 ALL TIME against FBS opponents.... THEY BELONG DAMMIT! THEY HOSTED GAMEDAY!

4Cyclones

Sep 10, 2009
Ankeny
It was 100 percent real.

It may have just been me, but by the end of BiZn tirade, I sensed smoke billowing from you and Blums ears. So much that it bled thru the air waves and out of my cars speakers. Epic is an excellent explanation. I thought it may have been staged at first, but after it went on and you both couldn't get a word in sideways, I knew this prairie roaming bison had lost it.

I am not sure Lakes stopping by the tailgate would be a good idea.....mainly for his safety...lol. If I were him, I wouldn't want people to see my face. He may not have the stones anyway. It is one thing to elaborate so much from behind a laptop, and a whole nother to be able to convey your point live in person from the 'booth' in front of thousands.

IF you are able to secure Lakes' spot on the tailgate hour, please post on CF so we can all make sure to come visit the 'broadway musical' type send off. Should be fun!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
My fav was when he kept talking about a QB in an NFL training camp being really slow getting through his reads compared to a guy with 30 career passes. Even if it were possible, how could you know that?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Blum turned to me the second we went to break and said, "That guy thinks they would roll Bama."

I guess when you win 24 straight, you get a little delusional and start believing that your team CAN'T lose. Like it's destiny or something. That's my only explanation.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
My fav was when he kept talking about a QB in an NFL training camp being really slow getting through his reads compared to a guy with 30 career passes. Even if it were possible, how could you know that?

Yeah, their previous QB basically single handedly beat KSU. Yet here's a guy who is bigger, stronger, reads defenses better sitting on the bench? And he turned down an offer from the mighty Chippewas? Why the heck wasn't he playing ahead of some scrub that is languishing in an NFL camp right now?

Last edited:

lakesbison

Jul 14, 2009
Guru? Those are pretty high credentials for that guy.

Chris screwed you guys by not getting in touch with me I would of garnered huge ratings and I actually know football and played it unlike that "guru" from vegas

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
Chris screwed you guys by not getting in touch with me I would of garnered huge ratings and I actually know football and played it unlike that "guru" from vegas

You could always call in to the post-game call-in show. I'll be tuning in to hear from you!

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
So, that interview was awesomely bad (and awesome)! Seriously, that ".info" website looks like a joke.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013

Their scout team was the best team they played last year.