PODCAST: 8-28-14 CF Radio Show

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
That guy shamelessly rationalized everything in the Bison's favor. ISU will have the same Offense, even though they are healthier, more experienced, and we brought in a new, and big upgrade, in OC. Bison will be FCS Champions again, because the culture is so ingrained, even though they lost the majority of their coaches. They lose a lot of personnel, but that doesn't matter they just reload. The QB has only 30 attempts, but that's ok because he was almost as good as the last QB, and he has been the scout team QB so a Big 12 Stadium shouldn't bother him a bit.

I can see them being confident, because we have lot of question marks, but to be that confident is silly.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
The part I really liked was NDSU lost a lot of linemen, but we are good at getting big boys to come here and play. If all it took was weighing 300 pounds to be a good linemen, ISU would have been in great shape when all the starters on the OL were hurt. There were still plenty on 300 pound guys on the roster.

We will see. If the Clones get a chance to run up the score on these guys, I would be fine with that...

cydoge

Nov 14, 2013
Ankeny
Did I hear him correctly when he said the NDSU scout team was the best team they played all of last year? This guy is delusional!

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Your podcasts numbers would've been through the roof if you had Lakes on! Missed out on a golden opportunity.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
If the Cyclones get waxed by NDSU like that guy said, I think this message board would spontaneously combust.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
Was that guy for real or was this a big joke?

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
If you want another good laugh, look up @AlekOnTheRadio, he seriously thinks ndsu belongs in the big 12. and thinks that because they were on gameday, they bring a lot of tv sets.

bsaltyman

Drinker of beer
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
The part I really liked was NDSU lost a lot of linemen, but we are good at getting big boys to come here and play. If all it took was weighing 300 pounds to be a good linemen, ISU would have been in great shape when all the starters on the OL were hurt. There were still plenty on 300 pound guys on the roster.

We will see. If the Clones get a chance to run up the score on these guys, I would be fine with that...

Yeah, I thought it was interesting that the BiZon guru thinks that there will be no problem replacing the linemen... with the best strength & conditioning program in the nation I guess it's easy to take any random big country boy and turn him into a 3rd round NFL pick.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
If you want another good laugh, look up @AlekOnTheRadio, he seriously thinks ndsu belongs in the big 12. and thinks that because they were on gameday, they bring a lot of tv sets.

Luckily for NDSU I think the people running the show are smarter behind the scenes than the people the follow and cover the Bison. Their whole program mystique is built on being able to bully a lower division and semi-consistently knocking off an FBS team on opening weekend, before the inevitable injuries have exposed the lack of depth. I'd love to see NDSU try and schedule a late season game against an FBS team and see what happens.

Even with the additional scholarships, what would be NDSU's ceiling be if they made the jump? Latter-day Nebraska, at BEST? There's just no way they'd ever become the powerhouse they assume they'd be based on their upsets.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Luckily for NDSU I think the people running the show are smarter behind the scenes than the people the follow and cover the Bison. Their whole program mystique is built on being able to bully a lower division and semi-consistently knocking off an FBS team on opening weekend, before the inevitable injuries have exposed the lack of depth. I'd love to see NDSU try and schedule a late season game against an FBS team and see what happens.

Even with the additional scholarships, what would be NDSU's ceiling be if they made the jump? Latter-day Nebraska, at BEST? There's just no way they'd ever become the powerhouse they assume they'd be based on their upsets.

Not even, they'd be a lot like us, only in the sunbelt conference. Occasional upset, other than that, well below average.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Not even, they'd be a lot like us, only in the sunbelt conference. Occasional upset, other than that, well below average.

I was trying to think the absolute pinnacle they could ever aspire to. When the closest geographic approximation to your program, a program with real history and actual big boy national championships, is struggling to maintain as a 8-4/9-3 team, there is just no chance they'd ever rise up to being a power team in the Big 12 like their fans believe. And that would be if absolutely everything about that transition went perfectly and higher profile recruits were sold on the program based on their FCS record, which wouldn't happen.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Yeah, I thought it was interesting that the BiZon guru thinks that there will be no problem replacing the linemen... with the best strength & conditioning program in the nation I guess it's easy to take any random big country boy and turn him into a 3rd round NFL pick.

Not only do they have the best S&C program ever, but they invented the 300# offensive lineman.

Alabama and FSU are relieved they aren't eligible for the playoffs.