Please trade Seneca!

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
With Brady down, the Vikings needing a QB (maybe) and a host of other teams with no decent QB, it's too bad to see Seneca trapped in Seattle. Not sure how many teams he would start for, but there has to be a few out there. Any other thoughts?

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I would love to see him play more, but he must love it in Seattle. Not sure why he re-upped there when he knew he would be a backup.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
we could use him for sure. and now with brody seperating his shoulder....

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Seattle just needs a 3rd string QB that they can trust, so they can put Seneca in at WR on more plays. They might have one in Charlie Frye, but who knows? He was decent in pre-season. I just want to see Seneca play!

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
To be honest, Seneca might not want to play. He doesn't have to do to much besides go to games and practice and he gets paid a ton. If I was him, I would just milk the cash cow till it dried up.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Rumor has it Arizona was interested in him last year but he decided to stick it out in Seattle.

Honestly, I don't know that he'd make a great every day starting QB in the NFL. He's a great backup, though.

Holmgren likes having a mobile QB as a backup because he can make things happen with his feet if something breaks down or he doesn't know what to do. Plus he's been playing in that system for that team his whole career.

Now Sage...I'd love to see Sage get a starting job somewhere.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
IF and this is a huge if, Seneca were traded to the Pats we could see the first NFL team try the spread option attack. The Pats already run a 'spread' offense, but adding a mobile QB would be a very interesting addition...

Irresponsible

Jul 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
With Brady down, the Vikings needing a QB (maybe) and a host of other teams with no decent QB, it's too bad to see Seneca trapped in Seattle. Not sure how many teams he would start for, but there has to be a few out there. Any other thoughts?

Matt Hasselbeck missed most of the pre-season with a bad back. Seneca will get in some reps before the season is done.

cyadict

Aug 4, 2006
Ankeny
I can't believe that Sage isn't a starter for some team. Last year he looked really good.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
trade sage to new england now that brady is down for what looks like quite a while.. he would run that offense great

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
It has been frustrating to see him do so well every preseason, and then ride the bench all year. I can think of 7 or 8 quarterbacks at least that are poor to average on a good day, and I sure wish someone would get him out of there so we could watch him play.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
trade sage to new england now that brady is down for what looks like quite a while.. he would run that offense great

I have a feeling Cassel will get a chance to prove himself before New England looks around for help. First time he'll be a starter since high school (excluding one game he started as tight end at USC).

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
I have a feeling Cassel will get a chance to prove himself before New England looks around for help. First time he'll be a starter since high school (excluding one game he started as tight end at USC).

He had a great first game. They do need a back up however.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
He had a great first game. They do need a back up however.

Yeah, I picked him up in my fantasy league right away after his performance.

And they do need a backup, but I can guarantee Seneca won't be switching teams if he's not in the running for the starting position. Going to New England would definitely be a step back unless Cassel takes an unexpected dive.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
well they already have tim rattay scheduled to come workout for them, and one other but i can remeber who... their 3rd string is a rookie from san diego state i think