Alert: Please Read: Regarding site moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
A moderator on a rival football teams message board tried outing me by posting my real name and that I was really a cyclone fan (which I never hid) Which was funny because he obtained the wrong name so this other poor guy got blamed for what I did. Typical eastern iowa education.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

I think that 99 percent of you all know that stuff like this is crossing a line. If you want to make fun or me and call me an idiot, fine. My name is right here for you all to see. People tell me that I suck all of the time.

Really? I don't think you suck at all, Chris.

You don't suck.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Thanks for posting this Chris. I'm not going to name usernames, but the guys that did this have been doing it forever. They attack, and don't even talk Cyclone sports. They needed to be taken care of and I thank you Chris and the MODs for doing so.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Thanks for posting this Chris. I'm not going to name usernames, but the guys that did this have been doing it forever. They attack, and don't even talk Cyclone sports. They needed to be taken care of and I thank you Chris and the MODs for doing so.

Francis.jpg

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
While these few posters were out of line that day, they will be missed. RIP my fellow posters

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Well, that's unfortunate...however, when I read 'site moderation', I thought this was some attempt by my wife to get Chris and the rest of you involved in some sort of message board 'intervention' about not being on here so often. I was already making up a defense of how several other posters have a bigger problem than I, how I get so much good info from the site, that I can quit anytime I want, that she's the one with the problem because she just wants to get on facebook, etc. It was a scary picture I was getting, but I'm glad to see it was just some dumbarsery.

I'm suddenly curious who the dumbarses are, though.

*edit: Just read the mafia??? thread...nvm on the last statement there. Should have known you can't trust someone who wears these:

shoes_iaec1252407.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: scotteric58

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
The amount of complaining about mods and the administration of this site is comical. At the end of the day, this is a free website. It delivers great content and discussion about Iowa State completely free of charge. While I know readership is very important to Chris, at the end of the day you are being provided with a wonderful, free service. As such, I can see no reason why anyone would complain about moderators or the administration of this website. Just be thankful it exists.

welcome to any message board ever. I'd actually say this site it pretty peaceful compared to others.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Hello Fanatics -

Happy Monday!

Okay I just wanted to post a few notes regarding our site moderation.

Last week was a tough week. I don't want to get into details but a few disgruntled posters were upset with the moderator about something that happened here on the site and decided to try and "stick it to the man" by posting a personal (from the moderator's wedding) video (that was obtained from another website).

I think that 99 percent of you all know that stuff like this is crossing a line. If you want to make fun or me and call me an idiot, fine. My name is right here for you all to see. People tell me that I suck all of the time.

But our moderators volunteer their time to make CF a better place for you to all to hang out. Please respect their privacy and for that matter, please respect the privacy of your fellow posters. Stuff like that will not be tolerated.

A few more notes...

--- I think that this one is critically important. Let's say there is an intense thread going on and a mod says something like, "Let's try and keep it on topic guys" or "Hey let's leave the personal attacks out of it."

Just leave it at that. The moderator isn't attacking you. They are trying to keep things on topic and as a result, the site will be better. Just because a mod says something like that doesn't mean it needs to escalate into some sort of a fight.

--- REPORT POSTS. If you feel that another poster (or even a moderator) is out of line for one reason or another, REPORT THE POST. Report any post that you feel is inappropriate or troublesome in some way. That is why we have that button.

--- And last but not least, we aren't without fault either. Cyclone Fanatic has two employees. This is how we feed our families and pay our bills. Adam and I, our site owners and the moderators put a lot of time into this thing and because of that, we probably do get a little bit edgy from time to time. We are not perfect so chances are, we'll snap back when we shouldn't a time or two. And for that, here is my apology in advance.

Last week's events did cross a line though and I wanted to get this all out in the open so we can have a more peaceful and better website in the future.

As always, if you ever have any suggestions, tips or advice as to how you'd like to see the site run, send me a PM. I appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks for your time and have a great day.

Chris

1) it was probably out of line.

2) Other posters have reported mods and the mods don't like it so they give them warnings about being banned, so not much people can do there. They have a legit gripe but their complaint is taken the wrong way. This doesn't happen all the time but I know it happened in this case.

Thanks Chris, hopes this puts everything to rest. Just my only concern about your post.

Last edited:

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
1) it was probably out of line.

2) Other posters have reported mods and the mods don't like it so they give them warnings about being banned, so not much people can do there. They have a legit gripe but their complaint is taken the wrong way. This doesn't happen all the time but I know it happened in this case.

Thanks Chris, hopes this puts everything to rest. Just my only concern about your post.

1) It wasn't probably out of line. It was absolutely out of line. No questions asked.

2) Thank you for the input. I appreciate it.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Thanks to Chris and the mods for all the work to make this a great site. I can't get through my day without several CF fixes (per hour).

On behalf of my boss, however, Chris you totally suck!

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Glad I missed this altercation...sounds very creepy.

Keep up the good work, Chris et al! Now...if you could just get me some more football content to tide me over until the end of August...that would be appreciated.

Reactions: Angie

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Glad I missed this altercation...sounds very creepy.

Keep up the good work, Chris et al! Now...if you could just get me some more football content to tide me over until the end of August...that would be appreciated.

From now until the end of time, my purpose on this planet is to serve Jarrods79's Iowa State football content needs.

Monday Musings: Collin Bevins' departure, CCL nuggets | News | Football | Cyclone Fanatic

Position Focus: Quarterback | News | Football | Cyclone Fanatic

Status
Not open for further replies.