Playstation Vue Subscriptions

Did you forgot to cancel your Playstation Vue subscription post ISU/TEX?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
I'm one of those people that often forgets to cancel before the Free Trial runs up. I honestly was pretty impressed with Playstation Vue and really liked having NFL Redzone this past Sunday. I may sign up in the future but I was wondering how many people out there forgot to cancel their subscription!

• Friendly
Reactions: aauummm

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
I am checking out vue and Hulu and will probably cut the cord soon.

I cut the cord years ago but the PSVue was superior to Hulu. I would even consider cancelling Netflix too as PSVue had a nice lineup of movies and shows on demand! The sports pack is well worth the $10 for College Football lovers.

Not a big fan of the PSVue layout on the AppleTV but i'm sure I would get used to it more if i kept around longer.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Biggest downside to PS Vue is the lack of an xbox/windows app. And they don't support IE/Edge as a browser. I will be dropping my PS Vue subscription tonight (signed up on Saturday). Not worth the extra money compared to my hulu subscription.

Hulu Upside:
1. cheaper to go commercial free for on-demand content
2. much cheaper overall if you already have a hulu subscription (as you almost get the normal subscription for free when adding live tv)
3. have apps for pretty much EVERY device.
4. iOS app is much more repsonsive and faster

Hulu Downside:
1. No "sports add-on" -> has a lot of sports channels though in the base package.
2. Limited DVR -> you only get like 30 hours of DVR with the base plan. And they charge WAY too much for more DVR space

*** technically you can watch PSVue on xbox one through the kodi app with a plugin, but it is still in preview and buffers more than i would like.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Biggest downside to PS Vue is the lack of an xbox/windows app. And they don't support IE/Edge as a browser. I will be dropping my PS Vue subscription tonight (signed up on Saturday). Not worth the extra money compared to my hulu subscription.

Hulu Upside:
2. much cheaper overall if you already have a hulu subscription (as you almost get the normal subscription for free when adding live tv)

Hulu Downside:
1. No "sports add-on" -> has a lot of sports channels though in the base package.
2. Limited DVR -> you only get like 30 hours of DVR with the base plan. And they charge WAY too much for more DVR space

*** technically you can watch PSVue on xbox one through the kodi app with a plugin, but it is still in preview and buffers more than i would like.

Hulu Downside #3: the confusing integration of live and in-demand content

HULU downside #4: no/****** guide

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Having used both playstation vue and now hulu with the live tv add on, I greatly prefer hulu with the live tv add on. Although had to use a friends dish log in to access long horn network. Will likely cancel the tv add on after the march tournament since college football and iowa state basketball are all I use it for.

From what I have read though psvue has improved quite a bit since I ditched it but I like hulu enough to not switch back.

• Agree
Reactions: jdcyclone19

Nelcyn

Nov 29, 2012
Colorado
Nope. Thanks for the reminder. I will definetly consider it for the future though. I was impressed especially compared to slingtv.

Gordilly

Sep 5, 2011
The streaming performance was so much better that I decided to keep PSVue and dump my Sling subscription.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa

Hulu Upside:

Hulu Downside:

Not that it matters but you get 50 hours of dvr with Hulu live and with a lot of on demand, we’ve never run out.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Hulu Downside #3: the confusing integration of live and in-demand content

HULU downside #4: no/****** guide

I agree that it takes a while to get use to the my stuff and live tv sections. Agree that that guide is the area lacking the most and could be improved to show what’s on beyond the current and next tv show.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
We've used PS Vue for our TV content for over a year. $55 includes all the sports I need and all the Hallmark/HGTV/DIY etc that the boss requires. The cloud DVR/On Demand feature is pretty easy to use and extensive. There are occasional buffering issues but I blame them on our internet capabilities rather than PS Vue. We tried DirecTV now and went back to PS Vue. You also can't jump to channels, you have to scroll through the guide, which is a bit of a hassle, but worth it for the $100+ we are saving over a dish. Also we live 4 miles from Alleman so we get an insane number of local channels.

browns4cy

Sep 3, 2014
I struggled with it during the game. Was able to watch their game day show just fine but once it went to game ESPN didn't like my psvue login. Wish my Samsung tv had a watch ESPN app instead of having to go through the web browser. Maybe I was doing it wrong

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We've used PS Vue for our TV content for over a year. $55 includes all the sports I need and all the Hallmark/HGTV/DIY etc that the boss requires. The cloud DVR/On Demand feature is pretty easy to use and extensive. There are occasional buffering issues but I blame them on our internet capabilities rather than PS Vue. We tried DirecTV now and went back to PS Vue. You also can't jump to channels, you have to scroll through the guide, which is a bit of a hassle, but worth it for the $100+ we are saving over a dish. Also we live 4 miles from Alleman so we get an insane number of local channels.

Old person question, do I need each tv to be a new enough smart tv to have the apps to run vue or what exactly do I need? We watched the game downstairs where the sons PS was hooked up but have two other TVs in the house.

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
I have had psvue for over a year and like it overall. However, it does have it's problems.

A major one for sports is if you set an event to record, but it runs over into the next show, the start from beginning function does not work. Thus it forces you to watch lice. This has ruined quite a few game for me.

Also, the support for locals is inconsistent. I have had many recent instances where the channels just stopped working during games with a generic "we are experiencing technical difficulties" error.

Bluffers

Sep 16, 2009
Ames
Old guy with an answer, I have a rokou for each older set and they become a smart tv. One subscription viewed on many devices in many locations, like at the lake or vacation cabin. Works for us.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
We cut the cord and use PSVue base. Went with that over Hulu because of video quality. Contemplated youtubetv, but found the whole gmail account/youtube tie in requirements irritating.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Old guy with an answer, I have a rokou for each older set and they become a smart tv. One subscription viewed on many devices in many locations, like at the lake or vacation cabin. Works for us.

Fire stick or rokou, what gives me the better options?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron