"Playing for Iowa Football was a living nightmare"

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Missed the poll/thred on anyone wondering if you cared. Thankful you cleared that up for nobody. :)
giphy.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Link to him wanting his brother to get an Iowa offer?
Yeah I've now seen that claim a ton on Twitter and yet there hasn't been one single thing that has proved that happened. The original claim was via the burner account claiming Akrum's mother texted the coaches, which further proves that burner account is probably one of the coaches.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Is this the same guy that was willing to sell signed helmets and footballs with the Iowa logo on them for profit? Then in turn actually rip those fans off by keeping the money and not delivering the product?

I'm not saying Iowa is "in the right" by any means, but it's interesting that he was willing to be associated with the program after he graduated, given the situation he faced.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I don't see how either Ferentz keeps his job after all of this. Buh-bye!

No way, nothing is going to happen. Heck, this isn't even hurting their recruiting one bit.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Said it in the mega thread, but the fatal problem here isn't the sometimes racially insensitive remark, or that some players were held to different standards likely due to race. Those are serious problems (not to mention reprehensible) but not coach/program killers.

The fatal problem is that the boss (ie Kirk) heard about the problems and did nothing - he tolerated and implicitly supported a hostile work environment. At any other company, he would be terminated for cause immediately. That's what he should be fired for.

It is absolutely insane that Iowa is supporting KF. But then, they still pay Barta despite the fact that he committed multiple transgressions himself, even to the point of costing his employer millions of dollars. So I guess insanity reigns there, or at least in the athletic department.

Where are the students? Protesting authority, demanding change and justice? If the same events happened in say, the Tippie school of business there, they'd be sitting in and shouting from the rooftops until heads rolled.

Unless the national media latches onto this and pounds the entire university into the ground for weeks, there is no way Kirk will be fired.
I think it is status quo for one reason. Up until this came about who do you think was under more pressure? Barta as Iowa AD or Del Conte as UT AD? I would say Del Conte. The only thing that is needed to be considered successful in this day and age in college athletics is football success. On the flip side the only thing that is needed to put pressure on an AD at most universities is a failing or under achieving football team.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It's kind of insane they have above average football success in spite of this.

I always thought the same of Bob Knight.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah I've now seen that claim a ton on Twitter and yet there hasn't been one single thing that has proved that happened. The original claim was via the burner account claiming Akrum's mother texted the coaches, which further proves that burner account is probably one of the coaches.
Yeah I'm not buying it. @TrianglePlace started off saying he begged for an offer now he won't even post him asking Iowa to offer

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
No way, nothing is going to happen. Heck, this isn't even hurting their recruiting one bit.

They literally lost their top remaining recruit yesterday to Utah and they were heavily favored to land him before all this

Reactions: aauummm

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Is this the same guy that was willing to sell signed helmets and footballs with the Iowa logo on them for profit? Then in turn actually rip those fans off by keeping the money and not delivering the product?

I'm not saying Iowa is "in the right" by any means, but it's interesting that he was willing to be associated with the program after he graduated, given the situation he faced.
He scammed fans out of memorabilia. I wouldn't say he was associating himself much with the university. I don't think it helps his case, but it certainly shouldn't mean you throw his case out the window.

jdolson27

May 23, 2015
He regrets it so much he wanted his little brother to get an Iowa offer just a few months ago.

First Brodie now we have triangleplace? Or is triangleplace...Brodie? Least we know who the idiot bubbaspaaarx on Twitter is.

Attachments

• 2DA6406D-E70B-45AD-A0AA-EE799A82DD64.png
    2DA6406D-E70B-45AD-A0AA-EE799A82DD64.png
    103.6 KB · Views: 62

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I am still baffled how they get these recruits outside the state. It has to be all professional track record. It sounds miserable. This is like Coach Kilmer on Varsity Blues recruiting you.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Murph and Andy talking fishing/boundary waters....yawn

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
If 60+ players came out against Iowa State and CMC I would want him fired

Along with every academic administrator on campus. Add in every unbiased sports writer in the state of Iowa.
But, when it's the TOE--silence.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Murph and Andy talking fishing/boundary waters....yawn
Absolutely incredible.. ESPN has it on their front page, but the local guys don't want to discuss it. We'll see if they end up talking about it, but the show should've started with that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron