Players' Volunteering

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Attended a family event at the Ames band shell yesterday and was pleased to see members of the basketball team there handing out things and interacting with the attendees.

Daniyal Robinson: Talked to him at length and found him to be very intelligent and personable. I can see why he would be good at recruiting. He said Jakolby Long's shoulders are "coming along" and Lewis' ankle is fine and not an issue. (I say Lewis jumping up touching tree branches without his shoes not laced up confirming his recovery.) Robinson also confirmed what many have suspected: other schools seem to wait for ISU to make an offer and jumping in with an offer of their own.

Jackson/Wigginton: they hung out by themselves mostly, which bodes well for their chemistry in the upcoming season. Not sure what their true heights are but they appeared to be the same height.

Beverly/Shayok: they also appeared to be the same height.

Brase: he seemed to be moving well, though he wasn't running or jumping. However, no knee brace or wrap of any kind, which is encouraging.

Several of the players were playing the bean bag game trying to toss bean bags through holes in boards. My conclusion: they all need to square up more, bend their knees, and follow through with good backspin. Didn't see a single player make one. Definitely worried about our outside shooting!

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
From that photo, Beverly and Solomon look about the same height

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Daniyal is the one that everyone thinks should get canned. When I say "everyone" I mean the loud minority that thinks they know what assistants do.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Solomon's arms look bigger, looks like he may be putting on a couple pounds? He's a tremendous talent, can't wait to see him play 30 some minutes a game.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Daniyal is the one that everyone thinks should get canned. When I say "everyone" I mean the loud minority that thinks they know what assistants do.
TBF he was here during McDermott and hasn't really seemed to do a ton since being here this time.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
TBF he was here during McDermott and hasn't really seemed to do a ton since being here this time.
I don't necessarily disagree (I have no clue) but if he's not, blame Prohm. He retained him and should know if he's not performing.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Attended a family event at the Ames band shell yesterday and was pleased to see members of the basketball team there handing out things and interacting with the attendees.

Daniyal Robinson: Talked to him at length and found him to be very intelligent and personable. I can see why he would be good at recruiting. He said Jakolby Long's shoulders are "coming along" and Lewis' ankle is fine and not an issue. (I say Lewis jumping up touching tree branches without his shoes not laced up confirming his recovery.) Robinson also confirmed what many have suspected: other schools seem to wait for ISU to make an offer and jumping in with an offer of their own.

Jackson/Wigginton: they hung out by themselves mostly, which bodes well for their chemistry in the upcoming season. Not sure what their true heights are but they appeared to be the same height.

Beverly/Shayok: they also appeared to be the same height.

Brase: he seemed to be moving well, though he wasn't running or jumping. However, no knee brace or wrap of any kind, which is encouraging.

Several of the players were playing the bean bag game trying to toss bean bags through holes in boards. My conclusion: they all need to square up more, bend their knees, and follow through with good backspin. Didn't see a single player make one. Definitely worried about our outside shooting!

Did they sweat a lot? Like really trying to play? WE NEED THIS INFO!!! :)

Seriously though, i'm always impressed at the young men and women in the athletic department that represent themselves and their sports interacting with fans.