Players staying and leaving for 21-22 season

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
6’6 TEs with soft hands can play a long time in the NFL. Kolar will likely be a 3rd-4th round pick. That’s pretty much a guaranteed roster spot and millions. Go be star in the league, Charlie!

Reactions: isutrevman and ISC

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I’m not surprised about Kolar leaving. He doesn’t really have anything left to prove and he’s likely a 3rd to 4th round pick and already has an engineering degree to fall back on.

I wish Soehner would stay because he could pick up a ton more catches with Kolar gone. That being said, we will have a massive need for a transfer receiver and/or Tyler Moore to be ready to go right away with how many receiving yards are going away with Kolar gone.
Easton Dean

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Thought it'd be good to get a running list of who's returning to next years team. Gonna be real interesting with everyone getting an extra year.

Confirmed Back:
QB: Brock Purdy
RB: Breece Hall (Sophomore has to come back)
TE: Chase Allen
LB: Mike Rose

Confirmed Leaving:
TE: Dylan Soehner, Skylar Loving-Black (Transfer)
DL: Latrell Bankston (Transfer)

Likely to Leave:
TE: Charlie Kolar (Based on post game comments)
Why is it thought that Soehner is transfering?

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Not to get too off subject but I guarantee the Cardinals we’re watching Kolar closely. Calling it early, Kolar to the Cards

Reactions: Snydes and aauummm

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Not sold on Kolar leaving quite yet. He’s probably the 4th or 5th best TE if he declares. Likely 4th or 5th round.

He could be a candidate for best TE next year if he returns.

I wouldn’t blame him if he does go though. He’s already graduated

• Agree
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Not sold on Kolar leaving quite yet. He’s probably the 4th or 5th best TE if he declares. Likely 4th or 5th round.

He could be a candidate for best TE next year if he returns.

I wouldn’t blame him if he does go though. He’s already graduated

Maybe for All-Conference and All American teams but draft position change would be a total unknown.

Reactions: isutrevman

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
Some of these guys may feel a sense of guilt holding up the depth chart for the younger dudes who have put in the time. Chase was robbed a bit by injuries early in his collegiate career.
Hope this is true. He seems like a great teammate. Also think that J. Brock should get his snaps for the most part to keep him invested.

Kene and J Brock are an example of why I hope some decide to go. I love Kene. He appears to have been one of the best teammates to ever where cardinal & gold (& black). However, I want to see young guys get their turn. J Brock appears he will be a great player next to Hall next year.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
I think we should hit the transfer market for an experienced receiver. Hutchinson is the only one that really solidified his spot. Shaw and Scates showed flashes. If Kolar and Soehner leave that’s a lot of yards gone. Might need another weapon.

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
I think I'm most interested in hearing what Foster, White, and Kene do.
Yeah I’m really curious about Foster. There was a play yesterday where it was third and long and I was watching Thibedoux and Foster. Foster absolutely mauled him. Thibedoux was kept in check almost the whole game. Would love Foster back for one more year.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I doubt Kolar has decided anything yet...not saying he won’t go...but players haven’t even received grade from NFL yet..

it would be premature to announce leaving as a jr without receiving a nfl grade yet.. unless you know you are sure fire 1st or 2nd rd pick..

Kolar right now at best is 3rd rd and could fall into 5th Rd...

you have to weigh the risks...He improves his speed and blocking a little and he could be 2nd rd kid and Top 2-3 TE next year..

Cant blame him either way..great kid.

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
I think we should hit the transfer market for an experienced receiver. Hutchinson is the only one that really solidified his spot. Shaw and Scates showed flashes. If Kolar and Soehner leave that’s a lot of yards gone. Might need another weapon.
Finding more weapons never hurt, but I believe we'll be fine if we don't. Shaw and Scates were only sophmores this year. Milton was hurt most of the year. Guessing without 3 amazing tight-ends, we'll see more playing time for the WRs and more yardage to go around.

Reactions: Cytown12