Players dancing on sidelines

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
This is my first post on here in a while, but what were your thought about the players dancing on the sidelines? Good? Bad?

Last edited:

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Football is a game. Games are meant to be fun. It was during timeouts. No issues.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Rhoads called the sidelines out earlier after a game that we came out flat. He made mention that nobody had life. Since that time those guys, led by The Beard, have been doing it. I love to see those guys trying to get life back.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I think they're kids playing a game. Of the long list of things wrong with the program at the moment, players goofing around on the sidelines during a timeout is way down near the bottom.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Yeah I agree with what's being said so far. I think it was pretty cool to see that.

Last edited:

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, it's not like ISU was getting blown out. If they're dancing around when they're getting beat by 30, well then that's not a good look.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, it's not like ISU was getting blown out. If they're dancing around when they're getting beat by 30, well then that's not a good look.

This.

As long as we are in a competitive game or are winning I like it. It shows they are having fun and backing the team on the field.

If we are getting blown out and they do it they just look like idiots.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
anything that lets them have fun. note that they haven't done it in games where it's a beat down. hell we were winning when i saw them doing it.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm quite sure it will result in an ISU penalty eventually.

The Texas Tech 360 Degree Kung Fu kick celebration for no penalty still has me pretty ticked following Bibb's penalty for a much smaller celebration, the penalty would have moved ISU ahead on the final drive. I'd prefer neither were called but you really can't call a tiny celebration then let a bigger one go.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
It was fine. I think it was when we were playing well. The whole crowd really seemed to be having a pretty good time most of the game. The people we usually sit around yelling obscenities at the players and coaches stayed home. There seemed to be a good synergy between the team and the crowd and it got pretty loud at times despite how few people showed up.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
So basically everyone (including me) is fine with it as long as we are ahead.

I think we should seriously check if it can draw a penalty and perhaps let the Big 12 know ahead of time our players will dance on the sideline as allowed by Big 12 previously acknowledged rules. I wish I could be jimlading this, but no.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
I would like them to mix it up a bit. Some contemporary and ballroom would be nice for a change, even tap (though it wouldn't work as good due to grass). Right now they are very one dimensional.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I think we should seriously check if it can draw a penalty and perhaps let the Big 12 know ahead of time our players will dance on the sideline as allowed by Big 12 previously acknowledged rules. I wish I could be jimlading this, but no.

A lot of other schools do similar sideline group dances and I haven't ever heard of it being called.

So what I am trying to say is we will break the ice.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
This is my first post on here in a while, but what were your thought about the players dancing on the sidelines? Good? Bad?

I liked seeing it. Conversely, if our guys would have been standing on the sidelines all business-like, not smiling, someone probably would've have mentioned that it doesn't look like our guys are having fun, they lack chemistry, Rhoads has lost the team, they don't want to be here, etc.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
A lot of other schools do similar sideline group dances and I haven't ever heard of it being called.

So what I am trying to say is we will break the ice.

It wouldn't even be close to the worst call of the season that went against us, which gives me pause.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm quite sure it will result in an ISU penalty eventually.

The Texas Tech 360 Degree Kung Fu kick celebration for no penalty still has me pretty ticked following Bibb's penalty for a much smaller celebration, the penalty would have moved ISU ahead on the final drive. I'd prefer neither were called but you really can't call a tiny celebration then let a bigger one go.

I really think the only reason Bibbs drew the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty was because he was turned toward the defender when he did it and the official interpreted it as directed at the defender.