Pitt vs. UL: Worst loss since 1906

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It'll be interesting to see how some of those old Big East bruising teams continue to do in the ACC. I think it's gonna be rough for Pitt, Syracuse, BC.
Louisville, ND should be fine in the future.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I don't really care about Pitt, but seeing Syracuse completely blow is fantastic.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I was checking the KU WVU score at the game last night and saw it was 61-24 or something like that, I had to click on it to make sure because sometimes the ESPN mobile site doesn't add in the points for the 2nd half for some reason. Was shocked to see that was actually the score.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
This is why the committee needs to factor in margin of defeat at least a little. We may have 6 losses but have not been blow out once.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
This is why the committee needs to factor in margin of defeat at least a little. We may have 6 losses but have not been blow out once.
I might be wrong, but I thought I heard the committee will use kenpom as one of the criteria, and kenpom takes into account margin of victory/defeat

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
When I saw that score last night, my first thought was, "Did Pitt not know this was a varsity game?"

Pitt's coach K. Stallings ran a classy program at Vandy but a few years back he had 3 guys get drafted -- Ezeli-Jenkins-Taylor and last year he had two more drafted -- D. Jones & Baldwin -- plus had a likely NBAer in junior F. Kornet. Both of those teams barely ended up in the top half of the SEC. I don't think he'll reach Dixon's level of sustained success at Pitt and it's too bad, because he's a good guy but that's a lot of talent to be so crappy.

Scott Drew's brother is following in Stallings' tradition and, other than the Florida game, Vandy has been poor in spite of some good players like Kornet, Fisher-Davis and a shooter out of Wisconsin - have we ever had one of those - named LaChance. Just a little segue to Saturday's game ...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron