Pick Your Matchups vs Iowa.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I kinda wish MSU didn’t blow them out; more like a painful 2nd half meltdown would have been nice.

Lot's of combinations and challenges how / who we guard because they present some mismatches:

+ they get to the line and have 4-guys shooting near 85%. They can get you into Double-Bonus with a lot of time remaining.

+ Pesky on O-Rebounds.

+ Their 3/4 press will leave us with about 20-22 on the shot clock, but our O movement, half-court sets and ball rotation looks pretty good this year. Our weakness is outside shooting, so we'll need to generate transition O.

Cook - MJ: I would start Mike against him; maybe THT. Cook is explosive, but not a threat from > 10’. He will draw a lot of fouls and we need our guys to avoid getting two quick ones and sitting for most of 1st half. Mike can handle this. I wouldn’t use Shayok, or especially Lard – he’ll draw two early fouls and we need to save Marial for his scoring.

Garza - MS: Could be a problem if he hits some threes and extends the D. I’d use Marial / Lard, but be careful as Garza can pull some fouls. Garza can get O-rebounds, but can't guard MS who outta be in double figures for scoring.

Wieskamp - TH: Will he play ?? may not play since he hobbled off with an ankle sprain and it didn’t look good. If he does play, I’d use Haliburton (when he’s not on JoBo) and THT

JoBo / McCaf - NWB.: I would go with Haliburton primarily on JoBo and def use NWB always on McCaf since he’s 6-5”. JoBo Is not a threat if you can get somebody to dog him like the excellent job DJ did last year. Fran Jr has some length, but hasn't learned to play vs P5 yet. NWB should have a double-double.

Moss - THT. Our he-man will pound him like a veal cutlet.

We need to hit some treys and Jacobson needs to hit those knock-down 10-footers from the wing. Without Wiggs, it’s harder to get our transition O in gear. If we shoot <30% from trey it will be tougher to create more scoring. They may play more zone to force us to shoot.

Did I mention we gotta stay out of foul trouble.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Garza with Shayok guarding him in the post?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron