Phillip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I even liked him back in the day as a kid in Scent of a Woman

and enjoyed him in Moneyball

I was going to reference that if no one else did.

The talent was shining through even in a movie where Pacino ate every curtain in the place.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
RDJ isn't in the same ballpark as Seymour Hoffman.

Eh, Chaplin was a pretty amazing performance, but I think we'll be at an impasse here.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Before I mock I need to be sure: Is it possible he's deaf and blind?

I could kind of understand it if all he made was the oscar bait films that many moviegoers never see. But with films like Twister, Mission Impossible, Hunger Games, etc he's been in just about every type of movie that a studio can make and whether the movie is terrible or great, his performance was always great and usually memorable.

That's the worst part of him passing. There aren't a lot of actors that no matter what the role or the movie, you can count on them to deliver a great performance and we just lost one of the few.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I could kind of understand it if all he made was the oscar bait films that many moviegoers never see. But with films like Twister, Mission Impossible, Hunger Games, etc he's been in just about every type of movie that a studio can make and whether the movie is terrible or great, his performance was always great and usually memorable.

That's the worst part of him passing. There aren't a lot of actors that no matter what the role or the movie, you can count on them to deliver a great performance and we just lost one of the few.

Couldn't agree more. My wife automatically put movies on her list if he was in it, and I don't remember ever being disappointed. She was very upset to hear the news.

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
The first movie I really remember him being in was Happiness. He's kind of disgusting in it though. Awesome actor. RIP.

Did the term "*******" come from Along Came Polly? That was the first time I had ever heard it.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I did not know him by his name, but definitely by his picture. He was a great actor, but apparently had real problems.
I always thought in many of his roles that he was on drugs while filming. Now I would guess he probably was.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I also read he had a day planned with his 3 young kids. Nothing like a few drugs to get you through a day with your kids

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I also read he had a day planned with his 3 young kids. Nothing like a few drugs to get you through a day with your kids

I admittedly know zero about heroin other than what I have seen on Breaking Bad and Trainspotting - but heroin is a huge downer, isn't it? Maybe he ODed the night before to get to sleep?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I know nothing about drugs. Just another talent that wasted his life on drugs. So many and we will glorify him with a huge tribute, just like all the others singers and actor that killed themselves with drugs.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I admittedly know zero about heroin other than what I have seen on Breaking Bad and Trainspotting - but heroin is a huge downer, isn't it? Maybe he ODed the night before to get to sleep?

Breaking Bad is the extent of my knowledge too, so all I know is you're supposed to prop yourself up so you don't roll onto your back, and if that happens to you, you better hope that Walt isn't the guy that stops by and finds you that way.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron