Phantom pi call?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Defender definitely held his arm. It's a soft PI call, but not egregious in my opinion. I think that dude legitimately hurt his shoulder earlier in the game, so not necessarily a flop, just a quick reaction to shooting pain. Shouldn't have been in the game if it was hurting that bad, though.

The problem I have with the call is the receiver initiated contact and stuck his arm into the defenders chest. You see hand fighting like this all the time and typically the refs let it go when the receiver is being the equal aggressor like I believe is the case in this play. But definitely not near as bad as what I thought I saw from the stands on the replay.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Receivers last name was Smart, wasn't it?

Miller, but that is what I was thinking too. He also was the guy that earlier in the game fumbled the ball out of bounds and got hit by Peavy. He laid on the ground for 2 minutes hoping to get a call, and after the flag didn't come he popped up and headed to the sideline.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
That is just as bad as I thought it was the first time. It is as much offensive PI as anything. Guy puts his arm up to push off and Pevy is pushing it off more than grabbing it.

Also looks like it was uncatchable.

Meh, that call is only really upsetting due to the circumstances. I've seen way worse. It's just that at the time, I'm sure we were all thinking "here we go AGAIN".

Help Support Us

Become a patron